PDA

View Full Version : Water Lines 912UL

Norm
04-23-2016, 10:46 AM
Does it make a difference if the water lines from the front cylinder goes to the top or the bottom of the water pump. It appears as though it might fit better if I go oppisite the book and put the front cylinder head to the top of the water pump and the back head to the bottom of the pump.
Thanks
Norm

jiott
04-23-2016, 04:02 PM
If I understand what you are asking, I am going to stick my neck out and say no I don't think it matters. If it were me though, I would ask a reputable Rotax mechanic, like Rainbow Aviation or similar, for their opinion.

Norm
04-23-2016, 04:58 PM
Thanks Jim As I think about it the water pump is just a rotary pump and I can not see how it would matter which outlet feeds the the heads. This is a used motor from an Avid and I think the previous owner must have fed the cylinders reversed. Again Thanks for confirming my thoughts. I will watch all the temps when I do a first start.

Av8r3400
04-23-2016, 06:47 PM
As long as the cold water lines go to the bottom of the heads and the hot comes out the top to the spider tank you are fine. Where the lines come off the pump is not important.