PDA

View Full Version : Inserting photos

jiott
04-05-2016, 10:44 PM
I can't figure out how to insert photos into my postings so that I can put a little caption or description for each photo. I see others do it so it must be possible. Mine always come out with the text on top and then all the photos with no text in between them. Help please.

Av8r3400
04-06-2016, 04:57 AM
When you use the "manage attachments" button and download your photos to the forum, this will place the photos at the bottom of your post. This software doesn't allow them to be placed in the text of the posting.

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/picture.php?albumid=116&pictureid=1475

If you use the "insert image" button, little yellow and black button on top of the posting text box, you can put images in the body of your text. The downside of this is, it requires a link to the image, in other words the image must be on the internet somewhere else like another website or photo posting service (your photo albums here, photobucket, etc). I took the above photo from one of my photo albums on this website.

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/album.php?albumid=116&pictureid=1475

jiott
04-06-2016, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the help. I guess I will have to change where I store my photos if I want to be able to do this.

HighWing
04-06-2016, 01:32 PM
Interesting. I have been inserting photos in the text regularly using the provisions on the Forum site.

Once the images are loaded, if you click on the down button alongside the attachment paper clip, it will show the images uploaded and you can then click the one you want after words of the description.

Camera Mount
Joy Stick

You can also cut and paste the attachment code - all within the square brackets, including the brackets wherever you want the image.

jiott
04-06-2016, 03:43 PM
This is a test of Lowell's method:10837
Daybreak Airstrip on Lewis River10838
Sandy River Airport

jiott
04-06-2016, 03:45 PM
Well, it seemed to work, but I have to figure out how to get the text where I want it. Thanks guys.

HighWing
04-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Try using a return after each label sentence. I will typically tap the return twice or maybe three times and then insert the photo in the middle line space.

Av8r3400
04-06-2016, 05:10 PM
Awesome.

We all learned something today. Thanks Lowell.

HighWing
04-06-2016, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the thanks. One more thought, to see what is ready to post before hitting the "Submit Reply" button, you can preview exactly what you created by hitting the "Preview Post" button. For some reason, I can see typos and messed up logic better in bigger type. Then you can scroll down and make the corrections. I have found that preview post works any number of times.

Paul Z
04-07-2016, 08:52 AM
Let's see if it works on an iPad
Water pump

I tried different photos, it kept tell on me no file selected. I tried uploading a picture of Guinness my dog sitting on the couch. For some reason on my iPad it only allows one picture.
Edit content: It changed the picture from the water pump on a Rotax 912 to Guinness watching TV. I still think it's funny when he jumps on the couch, sits next to me leans back to watch next to me sometimes he'll lean over and rest on my shoulder. He's done this twice, I was laughing so hard the last time I had to get up, he hasn't done it since.

Paul Z
04-07-2016, 08:56 AM
Here is the water pump

I've had the single picture issue as well. If I try putting Guinness in next it will only put in the last picture I search to install.

jrevens
04-07-2016, 08:06 PM
I haven't had a problem uploading & attaching multiple photos with text before or after/between them from my computer either. As I think it's been explained, write some text first if you wish, then go to "Attach Files, Manage Attachments" and browse & upload a photo from your computer. Make sure your cursor is after the text if you want the picture to be below that text before you upload. Then take a look at the "preview" and place the cursor after/below the picture. Go back to edit & write some more text if you wish, then stop with the cursor below that. Then go back to Manage attachments again & upload another picture... that picture will be below the last text that you typed. You can keep doing that for as many picture/text/picture/text...etc. groups as you wish.

Paul Z
04-08-2016, 06:44 AM
On my first post I did write some text first than posted the picture of the water pump.

(Picture of water pump was attached here.)

Then I wrote some more text, and then went to post the picture of Guinness,

( & posted Guinness here.)

You saw what resulted from doing it, and it only does it on my iPad.
By the way it works fine on my Apple Mac Desktop, but it doesn’t work on my iPad.

jrevens
04-08-2016, 12:01 PM
I guess I had never tried it with the iPad, Paul. Yep... you are right - I find that I can only download one image per post with my iPad mini. As soon as I download a second one, the first one is removed.

DesertFox4
04-08-2016, 03:38 PM
IPad (Apple) assigns the same file name to all photos. The site operating software recognizes only one photo file with the same file name at a time or so I was told by vBulletin experts and my I.T. guy. I won't get into all of that on line here but just know it is not anything you guys are doing incorrectly and we are aware and looking at ways to fix.

jrevens
11-21-2018, 08:36 PM
I can't seem to find the exact thread where it was being discussed, but there was info on various programs or apps for re-sizing photos before trying to post them on this site. I just wanted to mention my favorite (for Windows machines), and it's free - IrfanView. http://www.irfanview.com/
It's extremely versatile & easy to use. You can do batch conversions of multiple image files if you want to, and all kinds of other things. It's a great program.

tracstarr
11-22-2018, 06:09 AM
I use cloudinary.com. You can host your images for free and then all it takes is some text in your url to automatically have the size adjusted. Way easier and works with any OS

Paul Z
11-30-2018, 03:38 PM
PreView is AWSOME, I always use PreView, then I can fix my problems.