PDA

View Full Version : A Favor To Ask...

Pilot4Life
07-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Howdy Y'all,
It's been a long while since I've posted anything. I returned from Iraq in mid June, took a vacation, and am just now getting caught up on all the threads. Man, I love this site. Each time I intend to spend 10-15 minutes just "checking things out", I find myself an hour or two later thinking "Man, Where has the time gone?" The thread title is such because I am asking a favor... As I do not own a Kitfox, and am anxiously waiting to purchase one next year, I would love to be able to sink that hook in deeper if there's anyone near Temple, Tx that may have some time for a "joy-ride". Is it possible? I am not expecting a free ride, so don't get wrong idea! I am also willing to drive an hour or two to meet with whom ever is available. Being a rotor-head, I have only a flight or two in a C-182 back in High School, and have been flying H-60's for the Army since '05. Got selected for the fixed-wing course in the Army. Will eventually be flying C-12's and then who knows what. Anyhow, I look forward to a reply. Thanks for your time folks!

SkyPirate
07-27-2009, 10:21 PM
First...welcome home Chris ,..I'm wishing I had the model 4 I'm getting, in my posession now and completed,..because I'd love to have the chance to scare the crap out of ya in a fixxed wing ha ha naa just kidding ..<grins> really :D
if you ever fly to leonard wood ,.I'm located on the edge of the MOA on the east side about 18 miles from Waynesville Airport,..and hopefully by November I'll have the model 4 completed,..if you are not transfered before then I'd be honored to take you flying,..I have family in Texas as well ..near Dallas,..will you do fixxed wing training there in Texas?

Chase

jdmcbean
07-28-2009, 04:53 AM
Chris,
Rocky Whitman is in Wimberly, TX and monitors this site. Let me know if that is somewhat near you.

Pilot4Life
07-28-2009, 07:53 PM
To All,
First, Thank you for your kind words. It's great to be home!

Skypirate (aka: Chase)
Funny you mention Ft Leonard Wood...I spent some time there in '98 while in MOS School with the Marine Corps. I know a bit about that area and have some good friends moving there for Drill Sgt School and his time as a Drill Sgt! If I get the notion to show my family the old School House and visit with those friends, I will definately look you up! Thanks for the offer!

jdmcbean
First, let me thank you for all your efforts in the Kitfox! Man, what a great business success story! I searched for Wimberley, Tx and found that it's only 1 1/2 hours away! Just south of Austin, and I'd be more than happy to drive down there, if for no other reason than to see an actual Kitfox up close. Don't get me wrong guys...the pics are great! But....As you know... There's nothing that'll hook someone to something more than seeing it in person! So if Rocky Whitman is available, perhaps we could arrange a meeting to check out his Kitfox? That is, if he gets to pamper his toys from time to time?

Until next time,
Semper Fi! (Marines) Hooah! (Army) WHO, US??!! (Air Force) :D:D:D:D

SkyPirate
07-28-2009, 08:29 PM
it would be great to get up with you if your up this way ..even if you are a jar head ha ha ,,my brother ..21 year Marine lives accrossed the street :)
I see the helo's flying by at night all the time here,...same when I was living next to Lejuene and the 53's buzzing my roof top,..with exception ,,at lejuene I had a plane and use to chase the 53's off ( if you were flying out of lejuene around 2002/2003 and flew over piney green to the north and see a plane flying upside down and doing loops and flying below the tree tops,,etc..grins that was me :)

Chase