PDA

View Full Version : Facet fuel pump

ken nougaret
03-20-2016, 01:16 PM
I put a facet fuel pump under my center console. Im just looking at the instructions that came with it and it says a fuel filter is required to be attached to the inlet port. Have others done this? Specifically, have others put this filter directly onto the inlet port of the pump? Ive already made my hardline connection under there and i dont want to have to maintaine a filter in that location. Thanks, ken

Av8r_Sed
03-20-2016, 01:25 PM
I've got inline fine mesh strainers in the feed from the wing tanks to the header. No filter directly in front of the Facet.

Dave S
03-20-2016, 05:42 PM
Hi Ken,

I did the same.......mounted the Facet under the front of the console....I did consider the filter statement in the instructions for the Facet and decided I did not want to install any filters between the wing tanks and the Facet. Also have the finger strainers in the the wing tanks; and, in my opinon, the header tank does a good job of providing a settling tank. Other than the Facet, my fuel system is exactly as the construction manual indicated.

I can see where a filter would be a good choice in a system that had no finger strainers and no header tank (such as an automotive application).

To date I have not a had any problems with the Facet....pressure checks and flow rate checks have always been correct and stable. Aircraft has been flying since 2009.

Sincerely,

Dave S
KF 7 trigear
912ULS Warp Drive

ken nougaret
03-20-2016, 07:11 PM
Perfect. Thanks for the responses.

Dusty
03-21-2016, 12:33 AM
A filter and magnet fitted after the facet pump is the recommendation here.
You will be surprised how much metal(that could potentially damage the rotax diaphragm)will buildup.