PDA

View Full Version : Garmin

Flybyjim
02-13-2016, 04:40 PM
Anyone using the G3X, reports

PapuaPilot
02-13-2016, 07:59 PM
I have the G3X Touch in my plane, but I only have 4 hours of flying. I haven't begun to use its capabilities. It's a great system and has an excellent screen. I really like the touch screen, it is so easy to use and intuitive.

Do you have any specific questions? Take a look at the Garmin website, if you haven't already.

Flybyjim
02-13-2016, 10:09 PM
Hi Phil,

I looked at the G3X at Airventure this past year and also thought for a Garmin it was easy to navigate through the screens. For the type of flying I do now with my Rans S-7 the G3X could be more than I need but I really like the brightness and clarity of the screen. I use a IFly and Fore-flight on a mini iPad in the Rans. Both are nice but get hard to see in any type of bright light. Let me know after you get a few hours on the unit how you feel about changing to different functions in flight.

Thanks for your response

JohnB
02-15-2016, 09:26 AM
I have the G3X touch in my plane and have used it for 8 months and 130 flight hours.
I really like it. It is much easier to use in turbulence than I thought it would be. And some of the more common functions like altimeter setting can be done with the knobs as well.
I also installed the GDL 39 so have ADS-B in weather and traffic which works really well.
I have been using Garmin pilot on my Ipad mini for flight planning and can transfer the flight plan wirelessly to the EFIS as well as display weather, traffic, etc on the Ipad. I see Garmin has opened it up to interface with Foreflight now so may try that next when my subscription expires.