PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Cherrybark
02-12-2016, 05:11 PM
After exchanging a couple of emails with John and talking to Debra at Kitfox, I emailed an order form today and got in line for a mid-April delivery. The next several weeks will be a scramble to build a storage shed for all of the garage clutter, insulate the ceiling and walls, install a mini-split air conditioner and create a year-round work shop in our 3-car garage. Actually, my wife made it clear her car will continue to be parked in the garage. I’m retired and can build during the day but it gets too hot and humid to even think about working in an open garage here in the piney woods of East Texas.

Before making the final decision to buy the kit I read all of the threads in the General Discussion forum. It took several weeks, was sometimes drudgery, and I will admit to skipping some that were obviously not useful. While reading I kept a Word document with links to threads that will be useful during the build. There is a remarkable amount of information in the forum and a search is not likely to turn up some of the gems that occurred with thread drift. I would encourage all new builders and tire kickers to make this effort.

Finally, the TeamKitFox community was a significant factor in deciding to build this plane. As I read, several of the frequent contributors became “friends”. Of course they have absolutely no idea who this new guy is, but I will not hesitate to contact them when questions come up. In fact, I already had a very nice conversation about Oratex covering with one of these gentlemen.

Thrilled, an a little overwhelmed, to change my status to "Building".

SkyPirate
02-12-2016, 05:52 PM
welcome to the group..since your not that far away..don't be surprised if you see a gaggle or so of us lucky guys already flying buzzing your 2/3's of the garage from aloft :)

Av8r_Sed
02-12-2016, 05:59 PM
Enjoy the journey Cherry. We're all here to give you free advice. You'll have to be the judge on whether you're getting your money's worth.

DesertFox4
02-12-2016, 06:04 PM
Congrats Carl on your status change to building. You'll find the kit and just as importantly the manual, very complete and well laid out. Lots of high skilled talent here on the forums if you need assistance. Welcome aboard and enjoy the build process.:)

Peteohms
02-13-2016, 06:24 AM
Congratulations Carl. I live N. Of Austin. I just covered the elevator on my Kitfox III with Oratex to see how I liked it. Not bad for a first time. See you at Reklaw this year?

Paul Z
02-13-2016, 07:08 AM
Congrats, I'm sure you will find all the support you need from this gaggle of forum members. I'm just 92 miles west in the DFW Area.

Paul Z

Av8r3400
02-13-2016, 11:09 AM
Here comes another new member to the family! Awesome! You're gonna love it!

jmodguy
02-13-2016, 11:41 AM
Welcome to the group!

Dorsal
02-13-2016, 11:44 AM
Welcome Cherrybark, will be watching for that status change.

HighWing
02-13-2016, 11:59 AM
I've been where you are and think I know how you feel waiting for the big box. Welcome.

cubtractor
02-13-2016, 04:15 PM
Welcome aboard!

Pilot4Life
02-13-2016, 10:08 PM
Welcome to the forum Carl...great group of extremely knowledgable folks here...then there's the rest of us :D. Have fun with the build and be sure to keep us updated as things progress!

Cherrybark
02-14-2016, 06:34 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome. Looking forward to participating.