PDA

View Full Version : Oil temp sender caution

Dusty
12-18-2015, 12:05 PM
I am currently changing my gauges to standard VDO separate gauges
The oil temp sender was fitted.we decided to remove the pump to inspect the drive pins(some had roll pins?)we discovered the sender was longer and restricting the oil gallery!
The sender is now spaced back,we have a lot of 912's flying with different senders,I believe there will be a mass inspection here in the next few weeks
One aircraft with the same sender has had for the last 750hrs always had strange oil pressure significantly higher when warm.
Just a heads up
When changing what rotax recommends be careful!

Jono
01-07-2016, 09:41 PM
Hi Dusty,

You wouldn't have the part number, photos or measurements by any chance would you?

I guess I'm more interested in how long the "probe" is on the unit that is too long to make sure that i'm not running that one.

Cheers
Jono

Dusty
01-09-2016, 12:49 AM
Hi Jono
Sorry I must have thrown the old westach sender out,the sender I used is the standard type VDO,from memory about 1/4inch longer same diameter,the thread is finer we tap and loctite
An easy check is to remove the sender,you will be able to see the oil gallery concerned, just measure the distance.
I have been told a shorter sender is possibly available(one of the reasons we use VDO here as there is plenty of options and the prices are fair)
I trust this is of some help
Cheers
Paul