PDA

View Full Version : GRT200 Radio

Marvk7
12-13-2015, 02:46 PM
Today my Garmin radio started making a noise on one frequency when I push the push to talk. It only is doing it on the tower setting and not on any other settings, any thoughts? It's kind of a pop pop pop in my headset, does it with the engine running and with it off.

Pilot4Life
12-21-2015, 06:22 PM
Marv,
Maybe this is an option for you. Might be a similar harness issue that Garmin is quick to remedy...it'd be worth a quick phone call.

<Quote: From Patrick Hintz KFOTM Post>
"I used a Garmin GTR 200 for my comm and also use the internal intercom which works well. I did have some intercom problems at first but Garmin customer service swapped the harness out and that seemed to fix the problem."

Marvk7
12-22-2015, 07:11 AM
The problem appears to be in my headset thanks.

Dave S
12-22-2015, 11:26 AM
Marv,

I am kind thinking that our headsets can be the source of some perplexing problems......for way too long, I suffered with transmission racket that couldn't be solved by the normal adjustments on the radio, or diddling with the wiring. Finally got a basic David Clark headset, did the adjustments on the radio to match and it's just fine now. I am of the opinion the microphone on the DC headset is superior to the other less expensive headsets I was trying to use.

Dave S
KF 7 Trigear
912ULS Warp Drive

PapuaPilot
12-22-2015, 12:47 PM
If it is a problem with a headset usually it is an issue with the microphone if you can't fix it with volume and squelch. Often just changing the mic will solve the problem. Sorry I can't remember the official name for this problem.

I have seen this happen a number of times with a headset in a particular plane and it doesn't just happen to lower quality mics.

grdev
02-19-2016, 08:23 AM
I plan to use the GRT200 radio in my plane, but do I need a special antenna for the nav/com?

jrevens
02-19-2016, 08:54 AM
I plan to use the GRT200 radio in my plane, but do I need a special antenna for the nav/com?

If you mean GTR200, I'm using the same radio, grdev. That's a com radio only. All you need is a standard com antenna.