PDA

View Full Version : Stainless steel brake line kits

Nathaniel
07-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Hey everyone,

I finished the specs for Brett at Bonaco Inc for the brake lines and the install went great, everything fit first time around. I don't have any pricing or availability info but Brett is on these boards or you can contact him at brett@bonacoinc.com

I haven't yet made a fabric reinforcement plate to pass the lines through to the gear, but you can easily make something up. The kit is complete with all the lines and fittings you'll need - single or dual brakes. We didn't do a parking brake but if you know the length I'm sure Brett can take care of you.

The lines are first rate too. The teflon coating makes them smooth, compared to standard braided lines. It's a great install and should be easy enough to retro into you aircraft.

I don't not know how "backwards compatible" this kit will be. I'm building a Super Sport. If anyone can shed light on other models Brett would appreciate it I'm sure.

RandyL
07-18-2009, 07:43 AM
Nathaniel, nice work!! IMHO I wouldn't consider using any other type of material, good to have Brett making a kit finally. Thanks to Nathaniel for working with him to finally get the get developed.

Mark
07-18-2009, 10:53 AM
Nathanial,
The installation is very clean, probably quick too, I'd guess. The one thing I don't see is the brake line from the lower side of the landing gear to the calipers. Did you get a set for that? If nowhere else, having those exposed lines braided would be the best way to go.

Nathaniel
07-18-2009, 01:30 PM
There will be fittings and lines (approx 9" in length) for the gear to caliper connection. I had a set of braided lines for the calipers already, and did not have Brett mock up a set. That being said he does have the fitting sizes (1/8"NPTx4D) and line lengths, and they WILL be included in the kit.

I will add a photo of my lines and fittings (nearly identical) when I get home. At the time of those photos my latest Aircraft Spruce order had not showed up with the fittings I needed for the caliper lines I had on the shelf.

You will be very impressed with these lines and the installation if you haven't done anything like this before.

SilverFox5
05-08-2022, 03:46 PM
Hi,
I see this is an older post but I am wondering if anyone has ordered the braided brake line kits from Bonaco Inc mentioned in this thread and if they are still available and what you thought about the price and quality. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Joe Leeman
KF5
Wisconsin

airlina
05-08-2022, 04:25 PM
Joe, I have a grove gear equipped Series 5 that I replaced the OEM brake lines last year with SS braided brake lines that i purchased from Summitt racing . They were inexpensive and worked great. I usually save info in my build manual so I'll check and see if I have the P/N and pricing. Bruce N199CL

airlina
05-08-2022, 04:38 PM
Joe, Found the receipt from summit racing- P/N AER-FBPA0030-12 brake hose , These are SS brake lines 12"x 3/16" size from aeroquip for " off road" (tried 14" long first but was too long , 12" was just right) Cost was cheap at $9.99 apiece. Just checked their website and I'm afraid they raised the price since last year, now they cost $10.99 Good luck, Bruce N199CL

patrick.hvac
05-09-2022, 05:27 AM
Aircraft specialty has a full stainless kit they mocked up for 7KF as well, just as another option.

VictorV
05-09-2022, 06:12 AM
Aircraft specialty has a full stainless kit they mocked up for 7KF as well, just as another option.

Do you have a link to this kit? I was not able to locate it.

patrick.hvac
05-09-2022, 06:32 AM
You will need to call them, I know nothing about it.
The details on the kit are in the 7KF YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/7KiloFox/videos