PDA

View Full Version : Flight characteristics

tconeal@hotmail.com
11-02-2015, 09:01 AM
I have kitfox 4 1200 series that was a speedster and I recently installed long wings, it seems I have to use a lot of right rudder and have it trimmed lo with while in flight. Is there something I'm missing and need to adjust?I didn't remember it flying like this with the short wings

HighWing
11-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Are the new wings new to the airplane or did you add wing extensions. The reason I ask is that during construction the wings are mated to the fuselage, then the lift strut brackets are fitted. If there are slight differences in the original fuselage and yours, it could result in a twist in the new wings resulting in what you are experiencing. The original tooling, I, II, III and IV, was not as robust as the V and up and some of the fuselage weldments were not as true and consistent as found with current models. You might want to try adjusting the rod ends at the ends of the lift struts.

tconeal@hotmail.com
11-02-2015, 09:40 AM
The wings were take off a salvaged kitfox 4 I was careful about the angle of the wings when I installed them

jiott
11-02-2015, 11:26 AM
As Lowell suggests, I would go thru a complete wing rigging procedure as spelled out in the manual, including setting the flaperons neutral position. After that is done, then you can further tweak with the rod ends and add some rudder trim tab.