PDA

View Full Version : EGT Instrument Recommendations?

LSaupe
10-25-2015, 05:57 AM
I will be purchasing a new EGT system very soon and am looking for some feeback. Removing an old Westach system that I have lost confidence in. Not sure weather to go analog or digital (pluses and minuses to each I guess).

For analog I am looking at the same system as before (Westach), though am also looking at the Micro 1000. I use the micro 1000 on my sleds and have had very good luck with them, plus they are temperature compensated. I used to use analog Westac on the sleds but had some reliability issues with them (over time) (plus are not temp compensated, at least the ones I was using).

I am also considering digital options like this one. Allows for flexibility in limit selection and alarms. Can also put in both the CHT and EGT on one instrument.

http://thesensorconnection.com/gauges-pyrometers/all-gauges-pyrometers/4-channel-digital-thermocouple-pyrometer-gauge

I am limited by space to the 2 1/4" format.

So... if you had to start from scratch, any suggestions? Application is a 582.

Larry S.

gregsgt
10-25-2015, 07:08 AM
I've got a digital one from mgl avionics that looks exactly the same as that one you linked to. I really like it.

Danzer1
10-25-2015, 08:03 AM
I've got a digital one from mgl avionics that looks exactly the same as that one you linked to. I really like it.

That's because it is an MGL Avionics Infinity TC-1. Interesting how that vendor does not want to show the manufacturer. It's available from a variety of sources.

MGL makes good stuff - I'd trust it!

Av8r_Sed
10-25-2015, 03:49 PM
I'm using the MGL E-1. It's a 3 1/8" instrument though. Performance has been solid for me.