PDA

View Full Version : Long legs and brakes

Dorsal
07-13-2009, 06:13 AM
Has anyone tried turning the brake cylinders 90 deg to achieve more clearance? it seems between the fittings and the bump on the cylinders this may allow for setting the brakes forward by a few more inches. As I have spent an unhealthy amount of time in my unfinished plane making airplane noises, I do wish I could set the peddles one more click forward (I have the adjustable peddles and have not swaged the cables yet).
Thoughts?

SkyPirate
07-13-2009, 06:26 AM
I would think that as long as your keeping the same geometry on the cylinders (without obstruction to the lines)and you still have room for full rudder deflection thru the pedals it would be OK,..have you thought of building up the front part of the seat so your legs,.er feet don't go so far forward? the other option is to remove 2 inches from your shin bones on each leg ,..ha ha just kidding :) that would be too messy:D and we probably couldn't hold you still long enough for a clean cut :cool:

Chase

Dorsal
08-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Finally got around to trying this, works well for those who would like a few more inches of leg room.