PDA

View Full Version : slight right turn

Wheels
09-28-2015, 09:45 PM
My model IV 1200 is trim hands off except for a slight tendency to yaw to the right ever so gently. the Ball is centered and my butt feels even, but, there it is, a slight right yaw turning the plane a few degrees off course until I correct it. I'm not a good pilot, or mechanic, Im not even really good with animals or children, can anyone point to what I might need to do with the plane.
Its a three blade warp drive prop on an 80 horse rotax 912.
Thanks

Av8r3400
09-29-2015, 04:50 AM
My plane did the same thing. I put on a small trim tab on the rudder and that took care of it.

jiott
09-29-2015, 10:38 AM
If your ball is centered flying hands and feet off, then you really don't want to mess with the rudder trim tab. Sounds to me that maybe you have a small amount of right bank that needs to be trimmed out. You do that by readjusting the lift strut rod ends to give a little more lift to the right wing (or less lift to the left wing). I would go 1/2 turn OUT on the right wing FRONT strut, and 1/2 turn IN on the AFT strut.

Slyfox
09-29-2015, 01:16 PM
be careful on that right bank. I found on my plane that the reason mine had a left bank is because the right aileron had a section twards the left that was hit. it went about 6 inches and it was flipped up. I took and bent in back straight. went and flew and it was gone. I'm sure you could take one side or the other and bend the trailing edge just a little and a section about 6 inches and do the same thing. this fixed mine.

Kitfox Guy
09-29-2015, 05:05 PM
I put a little rudder trim tab on my plane to counter a slight right turn tendency in level flight. An A&P friend of mine, who has built a Kitfox, told me that you can also add a thin shim to one side of the engine mounts. I didn't try it because my solution was easier, but the A&P says it has worked in several other planes.

Please let us know what you ultimately do and the outcome you receive.