PDA

View Full Version : Moved the Kitfox

Marvk7
09-05-2015, 01:44 PM
Moved my Model 7 to the airport today, now for reassembly, inspection and some test flights.

DesertFox4
09-05-2015, 05:50 PM
Getting close now Marv. Good luck with yor test flights. Keep us updated.
Very exciting times.:)

Dave S
09-05-2015, 06:31 PM
Hey Marv...Congrats on the next big step....Brings back memories. In my case it was the Middle of December, 10 degrees F and a 30 MPH wind....made the move one day before we got 8" of snow. Glad you didn't have that to deal with that!

Wishing you great success on that first flight.:)

Dave S
Kf 7 Trigear
912ULS Warp Drive

avidflyer
09-05-2015, 09:23 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why you bolted it to the wall and are lying on your backs admiring it?? ;-) Jim Chuk

DesertFox4
09-05-2015, 11:11 PM
Marv, I took it off the wall and put it back on the floor. Hope that was OK.;)

Marvk7
09-06-2015, 10:28 AM
Yes, thanks Steve guess I didn't notice. Just want to say thanks to Steve for starting me on this journey with a ride in his Four and then in Papa's Seven, I was hooked. Then a trip to Boise and 11 hours with Paul at Stick and Rudder and a factory tour meeting John and Debra and the crew. Wow what a fantastic aircraft the Kitfox is! Thanks to everyone that contributes here couldn't have done it without the forum. Very exciting times, soon it will be my turn to get someone hooked.

DesertFox4
09-06-2015, 12:21 PM
Happy to see another Kitfox lover born from something as simple as a ride. Truth is that is all it usually takes in this airplane Marv is a ride to set the lifetime "hook". I never got that ride but resolved to give as many as I could when I got my Kitfox. Well over 200 now. It is always a thrill watching an aviator discovers the aircraft they've been searching for and dreaming of.
Marv, you will be a good ambassador for the design and I know you will extend that hospitality to others in the future just as so many others on our forums have done. Looking forward to glowing reports on the flight characteristics of your new Kitox and, maybe a ride.;)

DanB
09-06-2015, 02:16 PM
Great looking plane Marv! I seem to recall a ride Desert Fox 4 gave me about 10 years go and it led me down a very similar path. These planes are as addicting as any drug I know. They give you a little taste and before you know it you're looking for another fix. Heck, I don't mind telling you I can be found main-lining as often as I can. Ha Ha

The trip up to McCall put me over the top and all I can think of now is to get back up there and do some more back strip flying. You are hooked my friend and what better high can any of us ask for? ;)

Marvk7
09-09-2015, 02:34 PM
It's official, 830R is an airplane! Got the AWC today!

TahoeTim
09-09-2015, 03:05 PM
congrats!

enjoy phase 1

DanB
09-09-2015, 03:25 PM
Congrats Marv!

Av8r3400
09-09-2015, 06:56 PM
AWESOME!!

Let the fun begin!!

HighWing
09-10-2015, 07:49 AM
Marv,
Congratulations. It brings up the feelings I had when I was in your shoes and the thrill of taxiing out for the first flight and the first take off and landing. Then the simple fun while putting in the rest of the forty hours after the test steps are all checked off with real numbers. My last few pleasure flights leading up to the magic number were made in this same season of the year and in my assigned location were over ripening crops of many varieties. Great memories. Best to you.
Lowell

Marvk7
10-01-2015, 10:27 AM
First flight this morning, flys great hands off, what a feeling now for 39 more hours.

DesertFox4
10-01-2015, 10:57 AM
Marv, congratulations my friend.:)
Great to hear your Kitfox is no longer a project but a flying aircraft. Hope to see it up close at CopperState. Enjoy every flight.

rosslr
10-01-2015, 03:41 PM
Well done Marv! I assume all went to plan in the first flight? Weather looks a little threatening. I wish you well for the rest of the fly off.

cheers

r