PDA

View Full Version : Subaru NSI E81?

marl59
08-12-2015, 02:33 PM
Very new member needs some advice. I am considering buying a Vixen that has a brand new NSI Subaru E81 Fuel injected turbo engine 130 HP. I understand that NSI is no longer in business. Does anyone out there know if one could get help or support for this conversion? Thanks for your help!

Av8r_Sed
08-12-2015, 05:32 PM
You might also consider asking this question on Avidfoxflyers.com I think there maybe some additional Subie experience over there.

I don't have any personal experience with these.

marl59
08-12-2015, 09:31 PM
Thank you Paul. Ill do that! Anyone else care to chime in?

Thanks much!

Nu2me
08-12-2015, 10:04 PM
As Paul said. The other site has more Subie owners. I too have NSI setup, but no known support yet.

Paul Z
08-12-2015, 10:20 PM
I don't care if it's a Rotax, Subaru, Corvaircraft, or Volkswagen to own and fly a Kitfox or any other Experimental type Aircraft you better be a fair mechanic, or you will not be flying much.

marl59
08-13-2015, 11:39 AM
As Paul said. The other site has more Subie owners. I too have NSI setup, but no known support yet.

Thanks Nu2, what is your opinion of the NSI set up? How many hours have you flown with it? Have you had any trouble with it? Any weaknesses that you could note? Thanks a bunch!

marl59
08-13-2015, 11:45 AM
I don't care if it's a Rotax, Subaru, Corvaircraft, or Volkswagen to own and fly a Kitfox or any other Experimental type Aircraft you better be a fair mechanic, or you will not be flying much.

Thanks Paul, I'm up for it. I do all the work on my Bonanza and Cherokee before that, I've rebuilt my dirt bikes all my life, built my own house etc. etc. I enjoy working on them ALMOST as much as flying them! Point taken, thanks!