PDA

View Full Version : New member: George from England needs tires.

DesertFox4
07-07-2009, 04:42 PM
I received this email from our new member George today. He needs some assistance finding tires for his newly acquired Kitfox 2. As he states he is limited at this time in his computer communication skills. I will work with him but in the meantime maybe someone has a contact for his tires. Thanks everyone and again, welcome George.

Hi Steve, I have just bought a Kitfox and joined your forum. Being quite old and not familar with this type of comunication, I do not yet know how to post a question until some youngster shows me. The question I would like to ask is, Could some one please tell me where to buy King Fox 12-21-8 tyres from. A contact email in the USA would be most welcome.
Many thanks George from England

kitfoxnick
07-07-2009, 07:10 PM
I bought a set three weeks ago from these guys. http://www.atvtires.net/productdetail.asp?gn=N800
They had 5 when I bought mine so get them while you can. These tires are big and wide.

George from England
07-08-2009, 12:20 AM
Hi Nick, thanks for reply. The King Fox tyres are approved for use in the UK, but I do not know their technical spec such as Max Load-Single. I have found a suppler in the USA for the N800 Nanco tyre part no 30151002 but their M L-S weight at 5psi is only 355lbs. With my MTOW at 950lbs a bouncy landing would well exceed their capacity. If possible a contact for the King Fox tyres would be most welcome.Many thanks George

kitfoxnick
07-08-2009, 06:23 AM
George To the best of my knowkedge Kevin at Mippi ultralights is who produced the Fing Fox Tires. He was talking this spring of doing a production run if enough interest was raised. I don't beleive there was enough interest for him to commit to a production run. Below is Kevins contact info. In a side by side comparison I can not tell the difference between the Nanco and the King Fox. I agree with you that the the numbers on the nanco are puny and inflated to 5psi they are a bit wrinkly. Most people myself included are running at somewhere between 6-9 psi. These tires are great off airport or on grass at lower psis but can be a handful on pavement. For pavement I try to run at 8 psi

Kevin s. Ridsdale - Mippi Ultralights
Phone after 5:00 PM EST 734-377-2670
ksridsdale@yahoo.com

kitfoxnick
07-08-2009, 02:12 PM
FYI just to clarify Nanco is the same as Nankang. I don't think Tires Unlimited has N800 Slick treads anymore.

SkyPirate
07-11-2009, 09:52 AM
one could take any ATV tire the desired size and mount it, inflate it so it's hard ( which will be more then the required inflation ammount) ..then put it on a lathe and turn the knobs off ,..it works well,..if a lathe isnt handy ..a soldering iron with a wire or knife attachment will work,..I left the knobs on my last set. it really made a difference for stopping quick on other then asphalt sufaces,.but if apperances are important,..the knobs can be removed .

Chase

kitfoxnick
07-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Chase did you notice an increase in your takeoff roll with the knobs on compared to without.

SkyPirate
07-11-2009, 04:34 PM
I didn't notice any difference on take off,..other then the knobs beating the asphalt,..and a minor vibration until the tires got about 100 landings/take offs on them ,..or I just didn't notice it as much after that many landings.
the guy I sold the kitfox 2 to took the mounted tires and spun them on the lathe ,..moreso because he said it didnt look good with the knobs,..me ..I'm for function,..I could land shorter with less tire slip on other then asphalt surfaces,..touch down brakes on power up to maintain tail down pressure,..get close to stopped ease off power let the tail set down ..less then 100 foot of ground used for landing,..it's allot going on at once but allot of fun :D