PDA

View Full Version : New Kitfox 4

CW2
07-07-2015, 05:51 PM
A special "THANK YOU to all of the amazing folks here on the forum.
Today is the day. Plum Krazy just received her airworthiness certificate.

Test flight tomorrow weather permitting.

GWright6970
07-07-2015, 06:30 PM
Excellent!! Enjoy your flight...please post photos!!

CW2
07-07-2015, 06:34 PM
Thank you,
I will definitely get a load of pictures and will post the best.

cubtractor
07-08-2015, 05:52 AM
Looks great. Congrats! We'll have to meet up at a fly-in sometime.

av8rps
07-09-2015, 01:33 PM
Congrats on your very nice Model IV. And good luck on your test flight.

Oh, and more pictures would be marvelous.

inzersv
07-09-2015, 02:16 PM
Awesome CW2. Tell us a little about your 4. You know how long to build, what powerplant, etc. Safe flying!

CW2
07-27-2015, 03:30 PM
Plum Krazy comes in at 656.5 empty. now to learn to fly her. Put her on a trailer then off to a private grass strip to learn to steer. She sports a Rotax 912 80 hp, GSC prop (love the look of a wooden prop), Nanco 21s, steam gauges. (way more than needed) Pretty difficult to find instruction around here in an experimental. I have learned to fly the tail (without leaving the runway). I am making sure I can handle the ground work first. (per instructors request) Great idea because it is ready to fly. (can feel it)
Have to love a Kitfox.

HighWing
07-27-2015, 03:54 PM
Congratulations! Best on the transition and Phase I. You will enjoy it, I am sure. From your description, it appears it is very similar to mine.

CW2
07-27-2015, 04:26 PM
Thank you,
As the owner/builder I get to taxi her a bit, but I am really struggling with having to let the instructor fly off the 40 hours for phase one. Then I get to finally get my sport ticket. I understand the gasps and you gotta be kidding me thoughts going on, but even my instructor thought it a good idea to get "ground time". It allows me to make sure my high insurance payment was wasted. No claims. I would rather find the poor braking ability or the carbs out of adjustment myself so it can be fixed before I let one of my best friends get off the ground with it.
And I can go as slow as I want....Slow is the key to staying on the ground with this.
I have only instruction in tailwheel aircraft and even flew my Model 2 last year before it was looped by a high time Pitts pilot. Now I wait. I can't solo until probably hour 50. I hate starting all over, but it will be worth it. I have been trying to fly for years now. Life Happens...but life is good again.