PDA

View Full Version : leg room III verses IV

skipdvm
05-29-2015, 03:16 PM
As the Kit Foxes evolved when did they become more user friendly for 6 ft 3 pilots? I know I can't fit in a one.

Avidfox
05-30-2015, 06:53 PM
Hi,
I am 6'2 270 and fit ok in my IV. Yes it is a tight fit but my head isn't hitting the top and I have flown in some pretty turbulent Wx. The only problem that I have had so far (about 30 hours sense I bought her) is my leg cramping! I drink a lot more water now! Once you figure out how to get in and out of it, its not bad at all! For the price of these aircraft (used) you can't go wrong!
Dave

skipdvm
05-31-2015, 10:49 AM
the 4 I am looking at has no transponder. Owner/builder says the Rotax generator is not strong enough to support it on top of the radio, lights, whatever. any thoughts?

any experience with dynan avionics to replace everything? low weight and low energy consumption and will be compatible with Nex gen. Even though not IFR, still will need to be compatible to fly in any controlled airspace (which will be everywhere)

kmach
05-31-2015, 01:41 PM
Which rotax engine model?

The 912 uls on just its internal generator will run a pretty full avionics package and led lights , has some voltage drop at idle and just above , at cruise no problem running all .

Av8r_Sed
05-31-2015, 05:32 PM
I've found that the lights are usually the big draw on our systems and there are often ways to convert them to LED by relamping or in some cases replacement.

SkyPirate
05-31-2015, 05:47 PM
I have a model 5 912UL with radio (MGL V6) nav and strobes in LED and a GPS (IFLY) ..I have no problems with charging

SkyPirate
05-31-2015, 06:01 PM
I'm 6' 215 lbs and I have to wear leg braces that don't allow me to bend my knees past 90 degrees ,..I have no problem getting in and out of my 5..either side,,