PDA

View Full Version : Leadership change at TeamKitfox.com

DesertFox4
07-01-2009, 09:56 PM
To all TeamKitfox.com members:
I would like to take this opportunity to announce that Randy Lervold, creator and founder of TeamKitfox.com, has accepted the position of General Manager with CubCrafters of Yakima,Washington. This is a great opportunity for Randy and I want to be the first to congratulate him on his new position. Randy called me several weeks ago and offered the TeamKitfox Administrator title along with full ownership rights to the forum. I accepted. I'm looking forward to the challenge to grow this resource for Kitfox enthusiasts worldwide and continue the high standards established by its founder.
Randy has created an exciting place for all Kitfox owners and builders to get together and promote our mutual love of this great aircraft. Randy will retain Administrator privileges, to assist with the transition.
As some of you already know , Randy has sold his beloved RV-3 and his Kitfox kit to free up all available time to dedicate to his new duties at CubCrafters and to spend more time with his family. While we will miss him as Administrator and a future flying member of TeamKitfox and the Kitfox Aircraft family, we wish him the very best and hope to see him soon at the many upcoming air shows. He will always be welcome here regardless of which beautiful CubCrafter model he happens to be flying.
Many of you know him personally and know of his love for aviation and his passion will serve him admirably in his duties at CubCrafters. I'm sure he will appreciate your best wishes in his new endeavor.
Best of luck Randy and thanks for all your great work here at TeamKitfox.

Steve Kellander
Administrator
TeamKitfox.com

Nathaniel
07-02-2009, 06:53 AM
Lead the way Steve!

I know your enthusiasm is second to none and hope to see you breath new life into the site. With all the changes Randy has made and what he has gone through the Kitfox site had to be put on the back burner, and rightly so! With new leadership at the helm we can continue moving forward and continue growing.

If anyone has not yet figured out where Randy's kit went, check out my website below. She's got a new home here in Tennessee. And I'm wasting time talking to y'all and not in the garage! Gotta go!

Mark
07-02-2009, 07:09 AM
Steve,
Congrats on the new hat! You are a very strong leader of this group and I appreciate the work you've done. I hope to continue to help out as I can.

Randy,
Good luck with your new adventure! Thanks for all you've done to make this forum awesome. And thanks for making me a part of it.

DanB
07-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Thanks Steve,
Thanks for taking the reigns and your willingness to keep this site active. Alot of folks don't realize the amount of work that goes into administering a site like this and I can't think of a more deserving and Kitfox-savy person to be at the helm. A big thanks goes out to Randy for building this site and launching it...you are truely a builders builder in every sence. You have had to make some tough decisions in the last 6 months and I salute you for your efforts and wish you well in your new position.
Best Regards,

SkySteve
07-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Steve,
Congratulations. This is a great site and I know it will continue as such under your watchful eye. I'm looking forward to personally meeting you Labor Day Weekend at the Kitfox 25th Anniversary Fly-In!! (hint, hint everyone):D

Randy,
Congratulations to you, as well. Your new position will provide great opportunities and challenges. It should be an exciting ride. Yakima is located in some of my old stoping grounds. Enjoy the sunshine!

DesertFox4
07-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Thanks Nathaniel, Dan, Mark and Steve for the good wishes and support.
Thanks to those that sent private messages. It is appreciated.

Nathaniel , you're making good progress. I visited your build site tonight.
http://mykitfox.iperlman.com (http://mykitfox.iperlman.com/) Very nice. That kit seems to be in good hands.

Mark- looking forward to seeing you at the Kitfox Aircraft fly in this coming Labor Day weekend and also meeting you Steve and getting an up close look at that historic aircraft of yours.

Dan, right seat is yours if you need it for the factory fly in. Thanks for the support. Talk soon.;)

Here's hoping lots of members are making plans for the factory fly in over Labor Day weekend. John and Debs goal is 50 plus aircraft. This is the one you really want to make.

Joepthepilot
07-03-2009, 04:25 AM
Congrats Randy. Sounds like a exciting opportunity. I want to thank Randy for starting a really great site. I have found this site to be most helpfull. The kitfox community has a lot of great people in it. I have been blown away by how much the kitfox community has helped me.

Steve congrats to you. I think this will be a really good fit as you have been a long time kitfox builder/pilot and you already been working with Randy on the site. I'm sure you will do a great job.
Joe Pfaff
Model 4

RandyL
07-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. We are indeed lucky to have a guy with Steve's qualifications and dedication to the Kitfox community to take the lead. With any aircraft type a healthy builder community is essential, which is of course why TK.com was started.

I'll continue to be around in a "tech support" role helping Steve with the behind-scene mechanics, and because I really want to see the Kitfox type, community, and the McBeans be successful. They have the right idea from a business standpoint, and the energy and dedication to make it happen in a sustainable manner. Said another way, John and Debra "get it".

All the best,

SkyPirate
07-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Congrats Randy ~!! and wise choice offering the point to Steve,..I haven't been on the forum very long ,..but I have talked with Steve and he is very supportive no matter what the topic ,..
Congreats to you Steve~!! with you in front of the pack ,..the knowledge that you and Randy share with the site, we are sure to keep a constant flow of viable and valuable information flowing through the forum ~!!

and happy 4th to both of you~!!

Chase

DesertFox4
07-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Thanks Chase. Appreciate the support. Have a great Independence Day yourself. Keep up the fight.;)