Dorsal
05-10-2015, 04:52 PM
Congratulations, well done.

jiott
05-10-2015, 04:55 PM
Good for you Eric!

Av8r_Sed
05-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Good for you, Eric. It's time to burn up the skies.

Dave S
05-10-2015, 05:25 PM
Hey Eric...congratulations! A Day to always remember.

Dave S

Esser
05-10-2015, 05:56 PM
Congrats Eric! Just remember. You will learn more in flying on your own than you did with an instructor. Get out and use it often.

SkySteve
05-10-2015, 06:41 PM
Good job, Eric. And it was personalized right out of the box!

DesertFox4
05-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Wow. Canada Cracker Jacks have way better prizes inside.;)

Congrats Eric.

chefwarthog
05-10-2015, 07:16 PM
It take me tree years to complete my pilot licence, Start on a Flight-Star the first year, Almost finish it.... then Pierre-Yves told me that he had just bought an new airplane.... Just Aircraft Escapade... little brother of a Kitfox..:rolleyes:
He has to wait for it a while, then assemble it, inspection of TC.... I told him that I will wait to finish my training on the escapade, to have the sensation to pilot a Kitfox.... So it take him a full year to finish his plane... I delay my training until last fall and finish it this spring!!! It took me more hours to do it, but it was priceless to fly in a little Kitfox!! :D

rosslr
05-11-2015, 01:08 AM
Let me add my congratulations too Eric!

A question though ... Do they really tatto Transport on you when you get your license in Canada!?

well done

cheers

ross

Paul Z
05-11-2015, 05:41 AM
Ross,
I was going to make a similar remark, I guess I just say "Nice Tat"
Congratulations there will be some fun adventures, some ups & downs.
Along with some less than desirable landings.
Fly safe!

IVPleasure
05-11-2015, 10:25 AM
Naw, the Tat is an April fools joke. Note the date the license was issued.
dave :

rosslr
05-11-2015, 02:28 PM
Nice observation Dave!

BUT, let's not detract from Eric's achievement - I think we all appreciate what a great world of adventure that it has opened up for Eric, as it has for us all.

Look forward to hearing of your adventures up in Canada Eric!

cheers

GWright6970
05-11-2015, 04:01 PM
Congratulations!! Well done!

chefwarthog
05-11-2015, 05:22 PM
I will continue to perfect my skills, and try to have my passenger endorsement this summer, but I am loaded with work!! :(

And for the Tattoo Ross.... it's a temporary tattoo... the kind you soak in water and apply on your skin..... it came along in the Cracker jack box!!! :D

rosslr
05-12-2015, 01:35 AM
Like your sense of humour Eric!

I hope you have a lot of fun - interesting you have to have a 'passenger endorsement' there. I am curious about what you have to learn to fly with a passenger?

cheers

Paul Z
05-12-2015, 06:02 AM
You hit the jackpot of jackpots Cracker Jacks Box!

Heck I never got a prize worth what the Cost of the Cracker Jacks Box itself.

I was wondering, did you get a sweepstakes from the maker of Cracker Jack's saying, "You could WIN an all expense paid trip to Cozumel Mexico". All you need to do is respond by filling your name out & include a passport photo, your name address, and vital statistics to win the prize? I'm guessing you might not have realized at the time, that they had already identified you as a Special prize winner! But I'm still stumped. Having worked as a Statistical & Lean geek, the statistical probability of placing the box of Cracker Jacks in the right store, and in the right position to assure you were the individual that would walk in and pick up the box has a relatively mind numbingly high probability. The number of variables in the equation for just the placement of the box is extremely high, then we need to take into account the number of variables of you showing up to the right store. :eek: I'm retired, I need to stop working.

In Canada you have to get your License endorsed to carry a passenger?
Go luck, & congratulations on buying that box of Cracker Jacks

Esser
05-12-2015, 06:59 AM
If it is an ultralight license you have to get a passenger carrying permit. If its a recreational license you can fly up to 4 seat aeroplanes but with only 1 passenger. If it's a private license you can fly any single engine aeroplane as long as it's not high performance. High performance in Canada is a plane with a Vne greater than 250kts or a stall speed higher than 80kts.

So you can jump in a single engine otter or a Caravan in Canada if you wanted to with a straight private license.

Jfquebec
05-13-2015, 05:58 AM
beau travail Rick....god job Rick...

n85ae
05-13-2015, 06:32 AM
Getting that ticket is one of life's big moments! Fly safe, and enjoy!!!

Jeff