PDA

View Full Version : Firewall forward swap

Kahle76
04-10-2015, 02:27 PM
I'm in the process of rebuilding a IV Classic that I purchased in parts. The firewall forward that came with the deal is off of a II with a 582. I have assembled the engine mount frame to the fuselage and started reinstalling the four piece cowling and as I suspected, the upper rear cowling does not fit because of the different slope of the diagonal members by the windshield. The lower rear cowling and the 2 pieces of the ring cowling appear to fit. Does anyone know if a new upper rear cowling for a IV would fit of be fitted with minor modification to my exhausting II lower cowling? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike

SkyPirate
04-10-2015, 04:08 PM
kind of hard to picture what your saying..but if its a model 2 FWF does it hang the motor far enough forward for proper CG on a classic fuselage?

Kahle76
04-10-2015, 04:47 PM
kind of hard to picture what your saying..but if its a model 2 FWF does it hang the motor far enough forward for proper CG on a classic fuselage?

Hmmm.......another curve ball. I guess I have more questions that need answering.

SkyPirate
04-10-2015, 05:13 PM
maybe someone that has done a swap can tune in,..or call John or Deb and ask them :)