PDA

View Full Version : RTV 739 for tanks, ? bout freezing

scanman55
02-14-2015, 12:12 PM
I need to order some RTV 739 for tank install, does anyone have a tube lying around that states weather or not this stuff can freeze. Some silicone based products become worthless if frozen during shipment, dont really want the tanks falling out.http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

thanks, Mike M.

KFfan
02-15-2015, 06:31 AM
MSDS on Dow Corning's web pages shows "Freezing/Melting point - Not Determined"

I work for a industrial adhesive & lubricant sales company. The adhesives we ship when temperatures are expected below freezing anywhere along the transit are in pellet form.

Av8r3400
02-15-2015, 07:29 AM
Scanman, I've never known of a silicone with a potential freezing problem. Could you perhaps be thinking f the other common common product, laytex calk, which is water based, often with an amount of silicone mixed into it.

I use silicone sealants all the time. They live in my work van, which is currently 4 below zero Fahrenheit inside. RTV type products don't freeze in my experience.

scanman55
02-15-2015, 05:57 PM
Thank you both for the replies. I may have it confused with other stuff, I just wanted to be sure it was ok if it froze during transport. I'll go ahead and order some and get my tanks installed. Thanks again.

Mike M.