PDA

View Full Version : Kitfox bipe?

Dead Roman
06-16-2009, 09:03 PM
http://www.kitfoxaircraft.com/images/Web%20Gallery/img/KAphotogallery%20(11).jpg

All I have to say about that is me likey and how can I get one?

DesertFox4
06-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Sorry, you can't. Only one ever made and it's gone now. What a shame. :(It was beautiful and real blast to fly.

Av8r3400
06-17-2009, 07:37 AM
Sorry, you can't. Only one ever made and it's gone now. What a shame. :(It was beautiful and real blast to fly.

Is the story out there somewhere?

SkyPirate
06-17-2009, 11:34 AM
it sure is a beauty,..Biplanes are allot of fun,.nostalgic,... I've had a few.
I donated one that was all composite to a playground in Newport NH The kid's loved it ,.it was also a one of a kind prototype.
there is a newspaper write up of it in my profile photo album,..
if you read the article ..the newsman got a few things wrong though ..I didn't have quite a few bi planes at parlin field at that time ,..the planes he was speaking of were low wing and high wing aircraft only 7 at that time. finding the time to fly them all ..that was a chore,. but kept things interesting :)

DesertFox4
06-17-2009, 02:59 PM
This aircraft was dismantelled
a short time after I flew it with Dan Denney. During our flight he told me he wanted to build a "bush" plane and said he was going to use the fuselage from the Bi-plane. I said the Bi-plane should be preserved as it was one-of-a-kind and a unique piece of Kitfox History. He offered to sell it but I didn't have the kind of money he needed, $50,000.
He took the wings off and used the fuselage for his Kitfox "bush" plane he currently flies.

Below is an early post I made to this forum. I copied and pasted it below.

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/images/icons/icon1.gif Historic photos of Bi-plane and early Kitfox models.
Just added under my members page some color photos of early Kitfox models. I know I have more photos somewhere of the Bi-plane, "Special Effects" but will have to search awhile to find them. The Bi-plane was a blast to fly. I got a chance to fly it with Dan Denney at the 2000 SkyStar Factory fly-in. Very fast roll rate with four ailerons and seems like it would do about 145 mph straight and level but Dan would have to confirm that as it's been too long since I flew it. Maybe it was even quicker. He had just installed the 912 S at that time. As I recall it only had two 6 gallon fuel tanks in the top wings so they had to make short hops to get it to airshows. Of course it had staggered wings and in my opinion was stunning to look at with its lime green day-glow paint with royal blue scallops. It was painted with car paint and Dan said you could see it fade right before your eyes if it was left out in the sun too long. It was difficult for some cameras to pick up the actual colors so you see some photos and it looks yellow and black. It was never yellow and black. You can still see the original fuselage from the bi-plane on Dan Denneys current "bush plane" sporting the original paint colors.