PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Masses

Dick B in KY
01-28-2015, 07:01 AM
Read FAR 91.409 - do you agree with paragraph (c) (1) that and experimental certificate or light sport certificate does not require a 12 month inspection? Just food for thought. (Not trying to get out of an inspection.)

Dick B

KFfan
01-28-2015, 08:13 AM
It seems that way to me. Experimental aircraft are exempted in Part 43 as well.

t j
01-28-2015, 08:53 AM
I'm pretty sure every amateur built experimental aircraft has the requirement for a condition inspection within the past 12 months in the Operating Limitations as part of it's Airworthiness Certificate.

Dorsal
01-28-2015, 10:39 AM
I'm pretty sure every amateur built experimental aircraft has the requirement for a condition inspection within the past 12 months in the Operating Limitations as part of it's Airworthiness Certificate.

I know mine does.

HighWing
01-28-2015, 11:49 AM
Read FAR 91.409 - do you agree with paragraph (c) (1) that and experimental certificate or light sport certificate does not require a 12 month inspection? Just food for thought. (Not trying to get out of an inspection.)

Dick B

The paragraph in question only states that Experimantal aircraft are exempt from the provisions of this section because the requirement is spelled out elsewhere. I suggest you carefully read all the provisions in your Air Worthiness Certificate.

Dave S
01-28-2015, 03:52 PM
Hi Dick,

The Regulations exempt experimental aircraft from certain regulations including an annual inspection.

Regulation requires compliance with limitations issued for an experimental aircraft at the time a special airworthiness certificate is issued. Those limitations will be buried in the several pages issued by the DAR or FAA Airworthiness inspector. The limitations are issued separately from the airworthiness xcertificate but both documents are traditionally issued at the same time and both must be carried on the aircraft.

The Limitations issued for an amateur built issued a special airworthiness certificate will specify that a condition inspection must be accomplished on a 12 month basis. The limitations will also include the exact language that the repairman or A & P must use when signing off. A "condition inspection" is considered differently by the regulations compared to an "annual inspection" although both are performed on a 12 month basis.

Sincerely,

Dave S
KF 7 Trigear
912ULS Warp Drive