PDA

View Full Version : Drag tube bracket to spar attachment

Kahle76
01-25-2015, 10:53 AM
After a year of reading this forum and sorting the boxes of parts of the Classic IV project that I bought, I have started the build. Studying the assembly manual that came with the project, there are differences between my manual and the current build photos of the newer models and I understand improvements have been made in the entire process that I would like to use, but I don't want to run into problems later. If some of you can remember your first build and the apprehension associated with getting started, I hope you will cut this beginner some slack for a few rookie questions.

My question is concerning when the Hysol is applied during the wing assembly. According to my assembly manual, Hysol along with rivets are used to assemble the lift strut brackets to the spars. Only rivets are used to attach the drag tubes to the drag tube brackets, the drag tube brackets to the spars and the spar doublers to the spars. Hysol is not used. Should I be using Hysol because these parts being assembled are two different materials?

Thanks,
Mike Kahle

Dick B in KY
01-25-2015, 02:00 PM
I used Hysol when attaching the drag tube brackets and spar doublers along with the rivets on my SS7.

Dick B

jiott
01-25-2015, 06:12 PM
Ditto with Dick.

WISDAN
01-25-2015, 10:34 PM
Hi Mike,

I built a Classic IV (2004 kit) and my manual called out to Hysol bond and rivet the drag/anti-drag brackets which makes good sense to me. What year is your kit and build manual? If you need any info from my manual don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck and have fun!

Kahle76
01-26-2015, 06:02 AM
Thanks for the info! My manual was printed in 24 Sept 1992.

WISDAN
01-26-2015, 07:53 AM
Happy to help. Let me know if you need anything.