PDA

View Full Version : Today's short trip

Dave S
12-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Nice & sunny today:)....very little wind and smooth ride......The snow isn't very deep yet, but it's bright.

For extra points....the 91 octane car gas was down to $3.26 while the 100LL pump was $6.06.....love the Rotax.:)

Dave S
KF 7 Trigear

jrevens
12-06-2014, 10:23 PM
That's great, Dave! I flew today also, but no snow on the ground (a lot in the mountains!). Is the 91 octane mogas that you use ethanol-free?

Dave S
12-07-2014, 06:06 AM
John,

I didn't mention it; but, that is the ethanol free 91 octane stuff...we have two stations close to the airport and due to the sleds (winter) and boats (summer) both of them pump a lot of this stuff...I think the current price is an invitation for us to fly more!

Regarding yesterday......a person hears so often that airports are somewhat deserted....in this case I think there was a lot of pent up desire to aviate as we have had a fair amount of crappy weather this month........The airports I was at were pretty much beehives.....lots of people out.......saw many aircraft of all types enroute also..:)

Dave S

phintz
12-14-2014, 05:11 PM
nice pictures! Weather Is supposed to finally get better here tues, wed, . Guess what I'll be doing!!! :)

digital_photog
12-14-2014, 05:54 PM
No snow here. Temps were in the mid 50's Runway was thawed out and very soft. Made a short flight before the fog came back in later this afternoon. Had a couple hours after dinner that it was nice.