PDA

View Full Version : finally some color

ken nougaret
11-16-2014, 03:05 PM
Its good to see color of choice in the mix now. Next week, a yellow stripe. Can someone tell me how to turn these pics?

Icefox
11-16-2014, 03:20 PM
Nice color. :)

You have to do it in your computer before you post it. If you have Win 7 or 8 you right click on the picture in the folder you keep it and click on rotate clockwise or anti clockwise.

Hope it helps you my friend ;)

DesertFox4
11-16-2014, 09:31 PM
Ken, I rolled your Kitfox 90 degrees so it is upright now.;)
Nice work by the way.:) Nice color.

rosslr
11-17-2014, 05:34 AM
It looks really good Ken. It looks like you are doing a fine job! Thanks for the photos - look forward to more showing your progress.

cheers

ken nougaret
11-17-2014, 06:17 AM
Thanks all. And thanks desertfox4 for putting me rightside up. Poly-tone sure is easy to spray, even for a novice like me. And some may notice that i copied the design of papuapilot. I just liked it. But i think ill make my stripe a straight line to keep it easier. Ken

ken nougaret
11-30-2014, 11:00 AM
Could someone confirm that i have made the right paint choice? While the poly tone is a joy to spray, it seems that if i just look at it wrong it nicks or scratches. Will it be more forgiving once it gets wax on it? Ken

KFfan
11-30-2014, 12:08 PM
I don't have the experience to answer your question but, it looks nice!

airlina
11-30-2014, 12:44 PM
Ken , My 11 year old polytone paint has held up well, just a few nicks here and there, but that is to be expected on a 11 year old anything. I do a wax job once a year and have been happy with the results. Takes a while for your paint to cure, but I suspect you will be happy in the end, lookin good! Bruce N199CL

Dave S
11-30-2014, 01:04 PM
Ken,

Poly tone behaves a lot like lacquer......sprays nice & easy, flashes off quickly, not prone to runs......and, although it flashes off quickly, it continues to get harder with age so protecting it from chips early on is worth the effort - takes a little while for the traces of really slow solvents to completely disappear. Kinda depends on temperature too - if it is cool - may take a bit longer to get to its maximum hardness/durability. In the long run, polytone holds up really well and it is very easy to repair or do spot repairs down the road, 'er, runway.:o

BTW - I'd hold off on the wax till some time has passed.

Looks great!

Dave S

mr bill
11-30-2014, 01:04 PM
Is there a clear coat that can be sprayed over polytone? Something really glossy and to protect the color coat.

DesertFox4
11-30-2014, 01:43 PM
Ken- I concur with Bruce and Dave. The polytone will take time to cure and you will be happy with it's service life. Easy to take care of and repair.

Like Dave said, hold off on waxing for a time.

I also think your colors look nice.

Av8r3400
11-30-2014, 01:43 PM
There isn't any clear top coat that I have heard of.

Why would you want to? It would ruin the repairability and light weight of the PolyTone top coat…

If you want a shiny finish, use PolyFibre's Aerothane urethane paint.

PapuaPilot
11-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Ken,

Were you the one that said you liked my paint scheme? Your plane looks just like mine other than the color.

I have been noticing too that it is easy to scratch or nick the Polytone.

PapuaPilot
11-30-2014, 01:57 PM
I think the only way to put a proper clear coat on Polytone would be to use clear Aerothane, but yes you make it hard to repair and add more weight.

ken nougaret
11-30-2014, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the reinforcement. I will wait awhile befor waxing.
Yes phil, i am the one who commented on your design; i hope you dont mind that i copied. Ken

PapuaPilot
11-30-2014, 05:03 PM
Yes phil, i am the one who commented on your design; i hope you dont mind that i copied. Ken

My daughter said I should have gotten a copywrite. I'll send you a bill. :D

Maybe we can meet up some time with our twins, but Florida is a long way from Idaho.

Dick B in KY
11-30-2014, 06:22 PM
Ken, I've been smashing bugs (big and little) for the last fourteen months without any Polytone paint problems. After the paint cures and a good coat of wax, you should be good to go. Only scratches I've gotten are the ones from turning the cam locks when removing the cowlings, but some wear and tear is to be expected (just look at any factory new aircraft).

Dick B