PDA

View Full Version : Low Fuel warning sensor

rdooley79
11-05-2014, 07:54 PM
I'm looking for a warning indicator that I've seen before and it's driving me nuts!

It goes inline with the vent tube or possibly the fuel line from the wing tank to the header tank. If there isn't any fuel it will turn on a light on your dash. The light indicating that there isn't any fuel flow from the wing tank and you're running on the header tank only.

I know I've seen this before installed in a kitfox/Avid/some small high wing airplane.

I'd like to have an indicator in case there is a problem or have consumed all of the fuel in the wing tank.

Do any of you know what I'm thinking of?

I have seen the low fuel tank from Kitfox and that would work but I'd like to find the other option to compare.

Fly Safe!

Marvk7
11-06-2014, 05:02 AM
Murle Williams Aviation ?

kmach
11-06-2014, 06:18 AM
Highwing LLC has a new ethanol resistant one

rdooley79
11-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Yes and YES!

Both are good alternatives.

http://www.murlewilliamsaviation.com/

http://www.highwingllc.com/

Not sure which I'll go with yet.

kmach
11-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Kitfox factory has one available similar to the Murle Williams type .
Its in their catalog .

GWright6970
11-08-2014, 08:21 PM
I went with the Highwing LLC unit... a simple, straight forward installation, with instructions that a first time builder can understand and have confidence in.:D

megawatt
04-13-2015, 07:50 AM
I just looked up the Highwing LLC. I followed the link below and found they are out of business?

dholly
04-14-2015, 09:48 AM
Not sure which I'll go with yet.

I think which header tank location you have might factor into the decision. The in-line sensor body must be mounted in a vertical orientation, therefore, keeping the requisite downhill slop from the wing to header tanks may be problematic if you have the 'high-mount' header behind the baggage sack. Obviously, no such issue with the 'behind-the-seat' header.

megawatt
04-14-2015, 12:47 PM
I have the "standard" behind the seat header tank. My only concern is adding more "leak" points to the fuel system.