PDA

View Full Version : Reklaw, Texas Fly In

Jerrytex
10-23-2014, 02:34 PM
Last minute but this is a really great fly in if anyone is close enough and interested. There are members of this forum that I have seen there before.

http://www.reklawflyin.com

MotReklaw
10-23-2014, 02:35 PM
That is on my bucket list....

ken nougaret
10-25-2014, 04:07 PM
Tommy, is it more than coincidence that your call sign is similar to this name "reklaw, Texas"

MotReklaw
10-26-2014, 04:57 PM
Ken, Reklaw is named after a line of Walkers I might be related to. I've wanted to go to that flyin for a number of years.

Mot

jrevens
10-26-2014, 10:14 PM
I was wondering about that too, Tommy. Now I get it... walkeRtoM backwards. Thanks for telling us!

Peteohms
10-27-2014, 02:10 PM
Reklaw was great as usual! I think I counted 6 Kitfoxes. There is a great description of a first timer friend who flew in in an RV8.

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76064

MotReklaw
10-28-2014, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the link Pete. I might rethink my flying into Reklaw.... LOL :)

Peteohms
10-28-2014, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the link Pete. I might rethink my flying into Reklaw.... LOL :)

Jerry,

Nothing to worry about going to Reklaw. Go early Friday and leave after lunch Sunday. Lots less hassle. Jay flew his RV and arrived at the peak time. When I arrived Friday there was one plane ahead of me on downwind. I left just before lunch Sunday and was #3 for departure with no planes arriving. Another Kitfox from Bryan was there.

Jerrytex
10-28-2014, 07:26 PM
Hey Pete,

I think you were meaning that for Tommy. I was there.... parked about 50 feet from you. But I'll second what you said. Reklaw is crazy! But it is the craziest, coolest fly-in I have ever been to. I have been going 3 years now. The first year, no way would I have flown in. But last year, I discovered it was very doable even for a wet behind the ear pilot like me. This year I flew in about 11am on Friday. It was me and a Gruman in the pattern. No stress, no problems. This put me there before the "arrival" on friday evening, and the really "big arrival" on Saturday morning. I left on Saturday about 3:30 pm during a lull in the activity. No issues getting out either. Everyone is really good about announcing where they are. If you have the opportunity, I would say do it at least once, just to get the T-shirt.