PDA

View Full Version : Bird crap is bad!!!

beeryboats
09-18-2014, 07:24 PM
Tonight it took a hammer impact screw driver to remove the spinner screws from my "project" KF IV. My guess is that it sat in a hangar for 10 years with the cowling off, and the pigeons on. So the screws are out, the prop is off, but the back plate screws are still rusted on but busted loose. I'm letting them soak in oil. You should see the corrosion on the prop bolts!

Tonight I read my latest AOPA magazine and noticed the article on the Breitling aviator watch. I bet they want more for that watch then what I paid for my Kitfox. But I've been in love with the Citizen Blue Angels watch for years. So tonight I set a goal. If I can get an aircraft that has not had tires off the ground in ten years, and an "old man" that has not flown in almost thirty years(legally) off into the wild blue again, he deserves a watch.

ken nougaret
09-21-2014, 07:12 PM
the best penetrating agent (imho) is aero kroil; amazing at breaking bolts loose.

beeryboats
09-22-2014, 05:48 PM
I agree. I've been using it for years. When I can find it! It's not something you see in stores. I had been soaking these screws for a while. They were still too tight.

Greensuiter86
09-23-2014, 01:05 PM
Been wearing the Citizen Blue Angel for 12 years now..love it, but my eyes are soo bad now I can't read the E6B...LOL!-)