PDA

View Full Version : New EFIS/EMAN

MotReklaw
09-17-2014, 10:50 AM
Foxers,

At Oshkosh, one of the Electronic companies announced a new EFIS with a $3000.00 price tag. According to the email I got, it was for a "complete" system.

Does anyone happen to still have that email or remember the company that made the announcement?

Many Thanks,

Esser
09-17-2014, 12:50 PM
MGL

I saw it at Osh, great product.

MotReklaw
09-17-2014, 01:26 PM
Thanks Esser, I'll check it out.

MGL

I saw it at Osh, great product.

Timberwolf
09-23-2014, 02:02 PM
Any chance have more details on this? I don't see any "complete" setups on their page. The 8.5" display alone is $2500 plus a slew of accessories required to make it work.

MotReklaw
09-23-2014, 03:05 PM
I've asked for a quote on the 7" Discovery Lite but haven't heard back. Will let you know when/if I hear from them.... It hasn't been released yet.

Timberwolf
09-23-2014, 06:14 PM
Cool. Thanks for the info. In the end I think I can get essentially the same thing from GRT sport for the same price. I'm just waiting for GRT to upgrade their sport to touch screen and get a bit better resolution. I never could find a price for the RDAC module and gauges for full engine monitoring. For the GRT it comes out to an extra $1300. (they need to upgrade their screens from the LCD's they've had for years for the EIS)

I still haven't found a system that matches everything I'm looking for in reality. They are getting there, but ideally it would be a GRT sport sx Touch screen (built in WAAS GPS, AHRS, etc) with synthetic vision, RDAC for engine monitoring, and last but not least, the ability to display the 6 pack cluster like the Dynon system. But in the mean time I just need to sit on my hands and wait

jiott
09-23-2014, 09:41 PM
Why not get the Dynon Skyview. It has all you are asking for I believe.

Timberwolf
09-24-2014, 05:53 AM
As far as I know, the Dynon system uses an external ADAHRS system. Not a real big deal, but it immediately adds $1200 to the price. For a comparative system of GRT and Dynon, the GRT 8.4" is $4400 with full engine monitoring probes and synvis. The same system from dynon(still not touch screen) is $7000 for the 7" display. Prices on electronics keep coming down and I think MGL is headed in the right direction to release a smaller touch screen at the $3000 price point. In reality, all of these systems will still work, albeit be obsolete in a few years. Price is the determining factor for me as in the near future we may be looking at other required equipment with the ads-b debacle.

jiott
09-24-2014, 11:09 AM
Yes you are right the Dynon uses an external ADHRS, but I believe this is important because it allows you to mount it in the best possible spot away from magnetic interference. Behind the panel I have heard is not a very good place on the Kitfox.

I was not aware the price difference was that much.

Fliegerpeter
10-07-2014, 08:07 AM
The Dynon ADHARS can well be placed behind the panel. My concerns went away after thorough recalibration using the geomagnetic input appropriate for central Europe. The error is <1 degree and better than the magnetic compass. There is no noticeable influence due to other electric instruments.:)