PDA

View Full Version : First SOLO

phintz
09-08-2014, 07:16 PM
Hello everyone, Tonight was just another night flying with my instructor. Been doing lots of takeoffs and landings in cross winds and also calm winds. Tonight after about 3 takeoffs and landings he asked to me to pull over my the taxi way( thought he had to take a leak) He shut the door and said be safe, make him proud, and do 3 take off and landings!!! My first reaction was WHAT???? then I thought oh yeah this is how it's suppose to go! I did 3 nice easy takeoffs and 3 beautiful landings. Wow I love my plane!!!! Much to learn yet, but feel I've won the lottery!!!

Have a great evening
Still flying high, Patrick
Series 6/ flight training:)

Mcslamma
09-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Congradulations, nice job, your hooked for life now.

Paul Z
09-08-2014, 07:44 PM
Congratulations, I remember my solo almost. It's been a few years.

Av8r3400
09-08-2014, 08:17 PM
Congratulations, phintz!

Another PILOT is born!

Esser
09-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Congrats Patrick, It is a great feeling and an odd feeling being in a plane by yourself for the first time. Enjoy it knowing that the best is yet to come.

DesertFox4
09-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Congrats Patrick. It's pretty cool to look over in the other seat and see.......
NO ONE!!!

It's a real sense of accomplishment to solo an airplane for the very first time and bring it back AND show your instructor that it still has all the important parts still attached.

As we all are, I know your instructor is proud of you too.

Thanks for letting all us old guys relive that very important day in our aviation lives again through your post.:)

Enjoy every flight.

Av8r_Sed
09-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Good Job Phintz! Did they cut off your shirt tail? I've still got mine after 23 years.

Paul Z
09-09-2014, 06:14 AM
They stapled mine to the FBO wall. Some developer purchased the airport, and they leveled the airport. I tried getting my shirt tail back, but never could coordinate meeting with the developer.

jdmcbean
09-09-2014, 02:51 PM
CONGRATS! You'll never forget it!

Dave S
09-16-2014, 03:18 PM
Patrick,

We were camping out west for the last 2 1/2 weeks and I just now found out about your accomplishment. I want to congratulate you on this important event even If I am a few days late.:o

Did you notice how your Kitfox climbs with just yourself on board?:D

I know you will keep at it and get your certificate soon:)

Sincerely,

Dave S

phintz
09-16-2014, 05:33 PM
Patrick,

We were camping out west for the last 2 1/2 weeks and I just now found out about your accomplishment. I want to congratulate you on this important event even If I am a few days late.:o

Did you notice how your Kitfox climbs with just yourself on board?:D

I know you will keep at it and get your certificate soon:)

Sincerely,

Dave S

Hey there Man!!! Yes I did, It jumped off the ground indeed. I remembered people talking about that and I thought of it just before I lifted off!!! It was a great feeling!

Wheels
09-18-2014, 07:32 AM
Good for you!!!!Good for all of us to see you pursuing your dreams and slaying the dragons!!!!