PDA

View Full Version : Wing Storage

randyjuen3
06-03-2009, 06:46 PM
The manual is very particular about keeping the wings out of sunlight. Anyone have a scientific reason for this? I mounted the wings on the Fuse and have grown tired of covering and uncovering them after pushing in and out of the garage each time I work on the KF Super Sport. I expect to have the wings covered within the next 60-90 days.

SkyPirate
06-03-2009, 07:19 PM
UV's will deteriate the coatings on the wing materials,..the coating on the ribs ..the material the tank is made of ..fuel lines,..until the wing is finished with the UV protectant and then the paint ,..it's best to cover it if your taking the plane outside to work on it...

SkyPirate
06-03-2009, 08:57 PM
I've used un coated roofing paper to cover wings on some of the planes I built that had epoxied pieces and other items that were suseptible to UV rays and taped it on the topside of the wing if I was going to work on it outside the hangar,..I left it on the wing as a dust cover until I was ready to cover it,..
I'm thinking it's like 15 $ a roll ..it's 36 or 40 inches wide and 100 foot long

Chase

DesertFox4
06-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Also the reason we try to stay away from paint schemes with dark colors on the top side of the wings here in the desert. :cool: