PDA

View Full Version : Door installation

Nathaniel
06-03-2009, 12:48 PM
If anyone has pics of their door installation (building an SS, but aren't they all pretty similar?) I'd appreciate some photos.

I'm having a hard time seeing how the aluminum door frame fits into the fuselage. Does the plexi overlap the door frame of fit to spec?

Hit a couple build sites so far, no luck. Thanks in advance.

hansedj
06-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Here is a couple of pics. also John McBean has a photo album on door frame fitting..

Nathaniel
06-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the pics. Your door handle is totally different that what I've got but the placement makes sense now.

I've got the door frame angles already installed. Working on the rest of the door install and it's making little sense so far. I'm also missing about 90% of the parts, so I've got that going for me.

RV6flyer
05-28-2021, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the pics. Your door handle is totally different that what I've got but the placement makes sense now.

I've got the door frame angles already installed. Working on the rest of the door install and it's making little sense so far. I'm also missing about 90% of the parts, so I've got that going for me.

I have a question on gluing the door frame angles. Where do you glue them? Just in a few spots or full length top, sides, or both?

Allan

DesertFox4
05-28-2021, 05:38 PM

A couple photos of my door frames.
Click on the images twice for maximum zoom.

RV6flyer
05-28-2021, 05:54 PM

A couple photos of my door frames.
Click on the images twice for maximum zoom.

Thanks for the pictures. I am working on a V and the door angles are the new ones for the 7. Trying to find out where do I apply the epoxy?

Allan

alexM
05-28-2021, 07:39 PM
I applied a thin coat to all surfaces in contact. It ain't falling off.

Kitfox Pilot
05-29-2021, 07:54 PM
If anyone has pics of their door installation (building an SS, but aren't they all pretty similar?) I'd appreciate some photos.

I'm having a hard time seeing how the aluminum door frame fits into the fuselage. Does the plexi overlap the door frame of fit to spec?

Hit a couple build sites so far, no luck. Thanks in advance.

Here's a video, not the best but it does have pics. haha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_7OukfD31A