PDA

View Full Version : Hazebuster Glasses

SkySteve
08-25-2014, 01:25 PM
Has anyone tried Hazebuster glasses? I need a new pair of flight glasses.

DanB
08-26-2014, 04:02 PM
Steve, I've been wearing Hazebusters for 4 years. Luv em. I just bought a new pair at Oshkosh with the readers in em cuz I'm old as dirt. At least this dirt clod can see on a sunny day. :D

jdmcbean
08-26-2014, 04:18 PM
Steve,
On my third pair... and Debra has a pair as well. I preferred my Serengeti's... but as we get older I kinda needed the readers... (bi-focals)
Been happy with them.. The plastic nose piece seems to be the failure point on mine.

SkySteve
08-26-2014, 06:37 PM
Dan & John,
Thanks for the reports. I, too, need some extra help with my "more experienced" eyes! I was looking at the Coperstate Fly-In website and saw Hazebuster is going to be there. I'll be in Scotsdale, AZ during the fly-in and this just might be the reason I need to get there. Hope to see you both.

jiott
08-27-2014, 10:53 AM
I have been flying for about 1 1/2 years with Serengeti's and really love them. The photochromatic lenses self adjust for light or dark and really do work.

DesertFox6
08-29-2014, 08:48 PM
SkySteve: My wife Dee and I both own Hazebusters; bought 'em from their booth at Copperstate last year and prefer them to my Serengetis as I find the latter a bit too dark (even in Arizona's nuke-light glare!) and frequently get an eye-strain headache therefrom. I like the "special chart-fine-print-focal-feature insets" they come with too. ;)

I also bought two pair of their "over your cheaters" wrap-arounds which actually fit nicely over my bifocal cheaters. They remind me a lot of the nuclear anti-flash-blind goggles I use to wear in another line of work but they look too much like the shades the local Sun-City Curb Hugging Cruising Crowd wear: Definitely uncool subs for wearing at Steampunk fly-ins! :cool:

Hope to see you at Copperstate; you GOTTA make the 40 minute trip if you're going to be in Snottsdale (TM) anyway! :D

"E.T."

SkySteve
08-30-2014, 09:24 AM
ET,
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Something that will both let me see what is in front of me, read a chart or two AND make me look "cool"! And, the fix is already been put into play on attending the fly-in. I'll be there and really looking forward to it. I plan to be there late Sat morning thru however long my blond copilot can stand it. Will I find myself all alone in a vast wilderness of tarmac or will there still be activity (read Kitfox planes and pilots) to hang with?

DesertFox6
08-30-2014, 12:32 PM
Alone? A Kitfox (TM) pilot on the Casa Grande ramp during Copperstate??? :eek:

Don't be surprised to see Desert Fox Squadron T-Shirts (wearing cool sunglasses :cool:) directing traffic!!! The ramp will be pretty well packed by the time you get there: The hard core will show up on Thursday and Friday to party, so we should all be recovered and back in place by late Saturday morning. ;)

The local mob, as usual, will no doubt be out in force to support our favorite aircraft manufacturing couple from Idaho; just follow the mob to the Kitfox tent!

"E.T."
("Shades" of surprise you had to ask! :rolleyes:)