PDA

View Full Version : Making new ribs

kitfoxlite2
07-30-2014, 05:12 PM
Hello to everyone. I have a Kitfoxlite2 that is in need of new wings built among other issues {Basket case}. Picked up Baltic Birch 6mm plywood for the ribs { B - BB grade}. Is this a good choice for the parts? The old ones are heavily coated with something so I can't compare what I have to the old original material used. A friend is going to help cut them out with a CNC router . Reason for asking about this is that another builder said that they may have been made from real aircraft plywood , but neglected to say for sure. He also said there is a marine grade plywood. Any suggestions ? Purchased a couple of the Baltic Birch 5 ply sheets in hopes of it being good enough. Oddly it only comes in 60" x 60". Too much rash and damage to not make them nice again.
Thanks,
Danny T.

jdmcbean
07-31-2014, 04:51 AM
Danny,
We do have the ribs in stock for the Lite2. Baltic Birch is not the correct material and does not have the correct number of ply.

kitfoxlite2
07-31-2014, 02:47 PM
OK back to the drawing board so to speak. Guess I have some nice wood for making other projects from. Thanks for steering me on a better heading with this! What a learning experience . Who knew basket cases could be so much fun.....:D