PDA

View Full Version : O200 engine builders

MotReklaw
07-25-2014, 09:08 AM
I'm putting together the parts to mount my continental engine. Page 3 of the engine instructions. Call for four 1.75" lengths of a rubber hose mounted on a steel sleeve. The part number is given but it is not on the inventory nor in the engine pkg. There is a seven foot section of fuel line that "seems" to work. Did any continental builders run in to this?

Kitfox support is not available due to Oshkosh.

Thanks.

ken nougaret
07-25-2014, 05:56 PM
Hi tommy. I wish i could answer your question. I noticed this some time ago and then forgot about it. I couldn't figure it out either. Im not ready to permanently mount my engine. So i will anxiously await any replies. ken

MotReklaw
07-25-2014, 07:28 PM
I emailed KF, but they are out of pocket. I brought the instruction sheet home with me and I'm trying to scan the pages that affect me. I plan to email them to Debra and ask her to research it. The parts are listed in the instructions but are not in the inventory list...

I'm sorta pushed for time, since we are supposed to leave for El Paso for several months on Tuesday. I wanted to get the engine mounted before I left.

I'll keep you posted, Ken.

Dick B in KY
07-26-2014, 04:06 AM
Tommy, Contact Danny Powell from the members list, he has a SS with a 0200. His has been completed about two years so he has been through this I'm sure.

Dick B

MotReklaw
07-26-2014, 08:56 AM
Thanks Dick,

I'm posting a part of the page with the instructions and will msg Danny. Hopefully he will have a solution, or some other O200 builder will point me to one.

MotReklaw
07-27-2014, 06:00 AM
I hope I didn't violate copyright or confidentiality laws by posting the page. If I did, someone please let me know.

Thanks,

ken nougaret
07-27-2014, 01:08 PM
Did you find out anything tommy? I went back and looked at my instructions and sure enough i had also circled that item as not found. ken

MotReklaw
07-27-2014, 01:23 PM
Did you find out anything tommy? I went back and looked at my instructions and sure enough i had also circled that item as not found. ken
Ken, I'll email you what I've found out....

MotReklaw
07-28-2014, 02:19 PM
Got the engine installed. Went well....

See pics....

ken nougaret
07-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Very nice! Congradulations.