PDA

View Full Version : park brake

darrellpralle
06-28-2014, 03:25 PM
I have the park brake from kitfox installed on my ss. when I set the brake the left brake does not set and the right brake will hold for 30-60 sec and then it bleeds off. I have bled the brakes and played around with moving the actuator lever on the valve to change the position of the valve, I am stumped. any help would be appreciated.

jrevens
06-28-2014, 03:56 PM
Darrell,
If you sit with your feet on the brakes, do they hold, or do they slowly move/depress? If they do, you may have leaky seals in your wheel brake cylinders. If they don't, you probably have a parking brake valve problem.

HighWing
06-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Darrell,
Not sure which parking brake valve you have, but I had problems with mine - Matco - and your thoughts are what solved my issues. The lever on mine was attached over a square cut end of the valve actuator rod. It could be fitted in one of four positions. I finally decided to disassemble the valve and see at what position the cam fully pushed the locking rods - not sure of the terminology, but fine after determining the correct orientation of the lever.

jamesmil
06-29-2014, 05:06 AM
I had the same problem with the matco parking break valve on our ss7 kit. did all that highwing did with no help. called matco and told them what I was seeing and they asked me to send the valve back to them to inspect. in a few days I got a call from them saying that my valve would not hold pressure and that a new one was shipping out that day. installed the new valve and all is good. hats off to matco for good service.