PDA

View Full Version : KitFox logo alternative

rdooley79
06-19-2014, 10:52 AM
Hey Guys,

I've got some old seats that I want to have redone and would like a kitfox logo stitched in to the seats. Hate to say it but the kitfox logo looks dated to me. It's personal preference for sure. Looks like it's straight from 1977. No offense intended.

I asked for some alternative logo's from some artistic people and was provided a few but the one I like the best is this.
I could easily make the circles red and yellow with the fox face and writing in a blond/gold color just like a foxes tail.
http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/picture.php?albumid=384&pictureid=4725

Here is the original log for comparison;
http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/picture.php?albumid=384&pictureid=4726

SkySteve
06-19-2014, 12:31 PM
You might want to check with Kitfox Aircraft. Something about a copyright.:confused:

rdooley79
06-19-2014, 01:12 PM
it's artistic free will and I'm not selling them.

I am fairly sure if I was to reproduce the logo and sell it then it would be a copyright thing as they own that image specifically. In this case I want something completely different that is more to my personal liking. It's like a paint scheme. Besides, how many planes are painted just like a Decathalon or Citabria?

Anyways, what do you think of the image?

Does anyone else think the kitfox logo looks "dated" ?

rocketman2tm
06-19-2014, 01:20 PM
It does look dated (if it dates back to the original kitfox, it is older than me by a couple years). I guess it is a matter of personal taste though. The logo on a piper cub looks dated as well, but no one would question putting that on a brand new cub.

rdooley79
06-19-2014, 01:57 PM
Totally agree, and this is where personal taste definately comes in to play. I myself like the Cub logo. Don't know why but it works better for me than the kitfox logo.

I've got a good buddy that has the tools on his computer to put some color to the "new" logo. Just got done talking with him. Red eyes, black nose, red and/or yellow letters, red and/or yellow rings with either black or white background. I'll show you what he comes up with.

I just love this little plane. Since I bought it in January I've been focusing on the power train, as it were. Now I am getting closer to being done with that and can work on the fit and finish. Seats, instrument panel, floor, paint and rear cargo area and buffing the windshield/windows will go a LONG way to getting her looking like the foxy lady she is. :cool:

SkySteve
06-19-2014, 03:26 PM
rdooley,
I don't really like the logo either. In fact, before I bought my Kitfox I thought the logo looked a little, well, "toyish". But I sure do love the plane. I've thought several times about some nose art but haven't done any yet. I like your drawing. I think it would look better if Kitfox was one word on one line.

DesertFox4
06-19-2014, 05:36 PM
Looks like it's straight from 1977. No offense intended. Actually right out of 1984. ;)

I kind of like your rendition.

I like the vintage logo still although it is something that has a harder time finding it's way onto the sleek , sexy aircraft that are being built now and that are coming out of the Kitfox Aircraft factory.

I too resist the splitting of the Kitfox name into Kit Fox but hey, they're your seats.

Wheels
06-19-2014, 10:21 PM
I like the hell out of it!!!!!
sorry, I had a couple of beers before I replied.

Danh
06-19-2014, 11:15 PM
I think it looks cool, kinda bad A

Av8r3400
06-20-2014, 05:21 AM
I've been looking for a mascot to use on my "mangy fox" project. You're giving me pause to think of a more aggressive rather than lovable scamp type of portrate.

I like it. I agree Kitfox should be one word, but I like it a lot, none the less...

rdooley79
06-20-2014, 09:27 AM
The lettering can be one line, very easily.

How does this look?

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/picture.php?albumid=384&pictureid=4727

Av8r3400
06-20-2014, 11:48 AM
Pretty nice, IMO.

SkySteve
06-20-2014, 11:49 AM
:):):):):):):):):)

mr bill
06-20-2014, 01:26 PM
Looks mean, like he is mad at someone. Does look great though.

rdooley79
06-20-2014, 01:38 PM
ya, it does look mean.
I'm excited to see it with some color added.
Red eyes
Black nose
White face
red/yellow lettering and circle
Black background

I'll be happy to share the original high resolution images with anyone interested. Do with it what you want!

t j
06-20-2014, 04:11 PM
Fox Racing sticker

SkyPirate
06-20-2014, 05:26 PM
just thru this one together

Micro Mong Bldr
06-20-2014, 06:20 PM
I'll stick with the happy look. I get enough angry as it is. :D

SkySteve
06-20-2014, 07:05 PM
Chase,
Your's looks like a pig! Ha! Sorry, couldn't resist. :p

jrevens
06-20-2014, 08:30 PM
I like it, Rhett!

SkyPirate
06-21-2014, 08:09 PM
Chase,
Your's looks like a pig! Ha! Sorry, couldn't resist. :p

Oink LOL Steve..never proclaimed to be an artist :)

Wheels
06-21-2014, 09:22 PM
I really like it, it is going on my plane if your ok with it. I have a painter here who can put it on in a snap! We should have a squadron of "Mean Foxes".

Av8r3400
06-21-2014, 10:24 PM
For the first of the IO-540 powered Foxes...

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/946831/133749170/stock-vector-red-fox-mascot-team-logo-design-isolated-133749170.jpg

I kinda like this one, too…

http://fc08.deviantart.net/images/large/indyart/indymisc/Angry_fox_-_Colored.gif

jiott
06-22-2014, 03:26 PM
AV8R3400 that second one is really great!

Av8r3400
06-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I really like that one too. Kind of a tough guy and cute at the same time. Just like a Kitfox Airplane. :D

DesertFox6
06-22-2014, 08:42 PM
Hmmmm -

I think I like the current, user-friendly/cuddly, corporate logo as is; it certainly seems to speak better of the aggregate Team Kitfox membership's mentality than the Team Edward/Team Jacob look! :D

That said, coming from a military background where we named our planes and even got to indulge in nose art again for a while during/after Gulf War I, (it was in all the papers...) I think individual artwork on aircraft to be every bit as important as the basic paint job and encourage folks to so indulge!

Here's my personal logo; "Dusty D. Fox," which I originally drew as a proposed logo for the Desert Fox Squadron but wound up using it on my bird alone.

"E.T."

Wheels
06-22-2014, 09:32 PM
I remember that war, I was a helo mechanic in the Marines! I like your fox, he's got style.

DanB
06-23-2014, 06:13 AM
Dusty looks great E.T. ...first I have seen him. Nose art seems to be a lost art and it would be great to see more!

SkySteve
06-23-2014, 03:38 PM
Oh yeah, Mr. Dusty D is the man... er, the Fox!

rdooley79
06-23-2014, 08:24 PM
Wow guys!

I thought I was the only one thinking of a different logo but to get this much response is just awesome.

I really like the two full color images that Av8r3400 posted earlier. Would make great noseart.

I'm exited to get my new logo embroidered on some new seats and maybe a decal for the tail or nose.

Who knows, maybe Kitfox might take this enthusiasm to create their "Next Generation" mascot/logo especially considering how well the S7 Super Sport is being received.

It's a huge compliment to see other companies almost directly take the design and then tweak it as they see the need. The Highlander and SuperSTOL can both trace their lineage to the Kitfox/Avid. I would like to see Kitfox continue the development of the airplane and their marketing as well, which I assume they are doing. It's a great plane and awesome commmunity.. ya I ramble but I just got home from the first real flight of my KF-IV with the Rotax 670, wow!

Fly Safe!

jdmcbean
06-24-2014, 10:10 AM
Interesting.. first I do need to make note: The Kitfox name and logos as well as the Super Sport are registered trademarks.

There has actually been changes although many are subtle.. thought this might be a good time to bring it up...
Left to right is Denney Aerocraft, SkyStar Aircraft and Kitfox Aircraft.

rdooley79
06-24-2014, 10:38 AM
It's cool to see all the previous logo's. Thanks for posting them!

As I said before, this is not meant to be sold or in any way diminish the Kitfox Logo or trademark. Think of it as "open source" and available for anyone that might like the artistic flair for their own personal preference. I'll be happy to provide the raw high resolution image files to anyone who asks, sent to one person already.

My IV is just awesome and is of Denny vintage. Nevertheless these are "Foxy" kit planes. I'd love to try a SS7 compared to my IV-1200 Long Wing. I'd probably want an even more aggressive "mascot" to reflect the performance and capability of that plane. Just my $0.02

DesertFox6
07-21-2014, 10:00 PM
Man, that little guy just takes the "Awww" factor clean off the scale, doesn't he? Thanks SomeDay7! :)

"E.T."
(Puyallup Native...)

rdooley79
07-24-2014, 05:59 PM
I like the little guy plus the wind is very appropriate. Compared to the bigger airplanes we may just look like this guy, all tough and staring in to the wind, not taking any $#!p. Plus the awwwww :)