PDA

View Full Version : sliding grip

phintz
05-18-2014, 06:52 PM
Hello all, was wondering If anyone had glued or put a pan head screw in the control grip to keep it from sliding up. Would hate for it to happen when a guy is pulling up on the stick.

Thanks
Patrick
series 6
getting ready for first flight

SkyPirate
05-18-2014, 07:15 PM
Go to the wifes side of the bathroom, grab her hairspray, slide the grip up about 2 inches, spray a little hairspray on it, slide it down and clean up after below the grip once its down

WISDAN
05-18-2014, 07:17 PM
Patrick,
What kind of grip do you have? I have a Ray Allen with the push to talk switch and I used silicone caulk to help keep it in place. After 100 hours now the grip is starting to move around on the stick so some other means might be better. I still want to remove the grip to access the switch. What are others using for this? By the way congrats on your nearly ready to fly Kitfox! It's been awesome for me to fly mine!

Dan

WISDAN
05-18-2014, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the tip Chase!

SkyPirate
05-18-2014, 07:27 PM
You can still remove it after if needed, it doesnt permanently " glue" it :) and yer welcome Dan :)

PS that technic is for the foam grips :)

GWright6970
05-18-2014, 07:29 PM
Mine are a very tight fit; and also called for the installation on of one (1) simple aluminum pop rivet that you could drill out if you ever needed to change out the PTT switch, etc.