PDA

View Full Version : completed

SkyPirate
04-20-2014, 07:29 AM
yesterday,.the sun mid way past noon to the horizon,..the final checks done before buttoning up the panel,..then we completed the installation..with about an hour left of sunlight,..she took flight again :) very happy with the V-6 radio,.clean transmissions but need to tweek it a little ,,I think ground said they could hear the birds squawking as I disrupted their flight plan buzzing around the airport in the back ground :) got to get my eye muscle memory reprogramed for the new location of instruments,..but other then that,..after a month and a half of being "ground bound" the Outback leaped off the runway almost as if it needed altitude worse then I did :)

DesertFox4
04-20-2014, 07:39 AM
Congrats Chase. It looks great. Enjoy every flight in "niner Charlie Bravo".
Hope that V-6 fits the bill. Heard good things about it.

Seems like a perfect set up for flying to Oshkosh this year.
Think about it.;)

SkyPirate
04-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Thanks Steve :) your project is looking good as well~!! trying to get all ready for the June flight to the east coast :) Maddie is going with me,..next finish changing the N numbers on tail and send in the Card to FAA confirming they were changed, Oshkosh could be in the works if I can convince Chris to take her vacation during the event so she can get Maddie from school :)

Dave S
04-20-2014, 07:49 AM
Hey Chase,

Looks great & congrats on getting back in the saddle!

Dave S

SkyPirate
04-20-2014, 07:56 AM
thanks Dave,,I was in serious need of an altitude fix,, at a few points during the afternoon yesterday,..trying my best not to watch the clock,..but I thought it would be another day before she was done,..the on field A&P was meticulous in making sure every wire connection and screw / bolt was tight..and secure .. and the avionics were performing as they were meant to.. worth the extra quadruple check :)

SkyPirate
04-20-2014, 10:15 AM
Had to add my call sign :)

SkySteve
04-20-2014, 12:29 PM
Chase, I like the "Sky Pirate" on the door. Good personalization.

SkyPirate
04-20-2014, 07:00 PM
Thanks Steve er i mean "SkySteve" :) i had "Ghost Rider" for years, early 70's on ,,...but too many started using it too then the movie, so I have been SkyPirate since the early 80's , figured id put it on the door , i told my 8 yr old i was putting " Stinky butt chick" on the right door ha ha she gave me that same "eye" her mother uses lol