PDA

View Full Version : Kitfox - Sun-n-Fun

jdmcbean
03-22-2014, 01:37 PM
As many of you know.. We (Kitfox Aircraft) do not normally attend Sun-n-Fun and haven't for many years. Well here is the update just posted on the web and will be released Monday.

Kitfox Going to Sun ‘n Fun!

Surprise! Earlier this year, we announced that Kitfox would not be able to participate in the big air shows of early 2014. Our large backlog of orders is good news for us but bad news when it comes to sending resources to the spring season air shows. But just a few days ago, we received a call from the U.S. distributer for Rotax® engines with an offer we just couldn’t refuse. They asked if we could display our newest Kitfox S7 Super Sport at the independent Rotax® Service and Training Centre booth (SE-014 at the main entrance) at Sun ‘n Fun this year, as a means of demonstrating the long time support Rotax® has provided to both the kit plane and S-LSA end of the light aircraft market. As one of the most experienced users of the Rotax 9 series engines and manufacturer of both kit and S-LSA airframes using the Rotax® engines, we were honored to be selected as the company to represent Rotax® use in recreational aircraft.

I am expected to leave our Idaho factory location on March 25, allowing time for meetings with Rotax® staff and a briefing on important announcements that are expected from the Rotax® side of the house. While production issues are still of the highest priority, John commented, “Should I consider it a compliment if my team says they can do just fine without me at the plant? Seriously, we have taken a good look at the production line and this trip will not impact deliveries. The opportunity to support our good friends at Rotax® is just too good to pass up. We hope our Kitfox family will stop by and say hello. We may have some surprises to announce and I look forward to greeting folks in person.”

SkyPirate
03-22-2014, 05:25 PM
Awesome! Flying or trailering?

ken nougaret
03-22-2014, 06:28 PM
Good news john.
I was about to start a post; any other foxes or fox pilots going to sunnfun?
Ken

jamesmil
03-23-2014, 06:43 AM
planning to go for a couple of days, hope to see you there.

jdmcbean
03-23-2014, 07:59 AM
Awesome! Flying or trailering?

Chase, we fly and are actually one of the only Kit and Light Sport Manufactures that fly factory aircraft to the shows. From Seattle to Arizona to Wisconsin to
Florida.. This year we're going to the Alaskan Airman's Gathering in Anchorage as well. Now we just need to figure how to get into the New England area.... And Hawaii. Who said the Kitfox isn't a cross country aircraft...

ken nougaret
03-23-2014, 08:07 AM
Hey john,
is debra along as well and how about your yellow and white shadow with the sticknrudder skills? ken

jdmcbean
03-23-2014, 09:12 AM
Currently Solo.... Single ship and single seat.... Single ship may change.

Tom Waid
03-23-2014, 01:05 PM
We hope to be there on Friday, the 4th.

jdmcbean
03-23-2014, 05:22 PM
Here's the SPOT Link we setup if you want to follow along...

Idaho to Florida for Sun-n-Fun

The link will not be active until Tuesday

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0ayWVVngTkKnPaRstRziCShjT3Xj8Zp hV

Return trip will start around the April 7th.

SkyPirate
03-23-2014, 07:09 PM
Chase, we fly and are actually one of the only Kit and Light Sport Manufactures that fly factory aircraft to the shows. From Seattle to Arizona to Wisconsin to
Florida.. This year we're going to the Alaskan Airman's Gathering in Anchorage as well. Now we just need to figure how to get into the New England area.... And Hawaii. Who said the Kitfox isn't a cross country aircraft...

Awesome on that John,. my youngest and I are planning a cross country to New England in June via Tenn, NC, SC, VA, PA, Mass., and NH then back here to Mid MO.
Can't make it to S&F this year ..she is still in school in april, we were going to go to Fla too,.. but time doesn't allow it on this cross country.

There are some good place's in New England and fall time is the best for beautiful foliage flights, and flyer friendly weather ,..as a rule it is best in the fall,.. I was based at CNH and 2B3 up that way, and worked at Biore field KASH fueling Jets and GA in the 90's

DesertFox4
03-23-2014, 10:32 PM
Congrats John. Have a safe trip both ways and I'll be monitoring the SPOT to and fro.

You got a great staff at Homedale so go help Rotax out and have a great time. Curious about the surprise mentioned but will find out in due time. :)

SLSAtraining
03-23-2014, 10:51 PM
Stick & Rudder Aviation's newest Turbo-charged Kitfox will keep the factory Kitfox company - all the way to Sun 'N Fun & back.

Unfortunately, with small tires & wheel pants - the factory Kitfox will be taking the fly-by photos while "Big Foot" plays on all the un-paved strips along the way.

We will try to post a few pictures of our adventure at the end of each day.

DesertFox4
03-24-2014, 06:50 AM
Safe flight Paul. Glad you're going too. Have a great time.

DesertFox6
03-24-2014, 08:15 PM
I guess I could help out by filing the NOTAM and TFR for this boondoggle; I'll attempt to divert the attention of the beach police too! :rolleyes:

"E.T."
Speaking of surprises, how does John type that cute little "circled R" after the word "Rotax?" I've looked all over my keyboard and kind find only a circled "a." ;)

jdmcbean
03-25-2014, 07:49 PM
And they say the Kitfox is not a cross country aircraft... Left Homedale ID this morning and only made it to Gastons AR. Only 1400 miles, 11
Hours and 2 fuel stops. Had a great dinner and now sitting by the fire!

Over Rocky Mountain National Park CO. At 14500 msl.

jdmcbean
03-25-2014, 07:52 PM
Photos following:
Rock Springs WY
Great Bend KS
Gastons AR.

SkyPirate
03-25-2014, 07:54 PM
40 minute SSW of me Gastons is a nice place :) If my panel wasn't in pieces I'd be tempted to fly down and see you guys off with a picture or 2 of you flying formation

Flybyjim
03-25-2014, 07:55 PM
Two good looking planes, sounds like a great trip

jdmcbean
03-25-2014, 07:57 PM
Great Bend KS

jdmcbean
03-25-2014, 08:00 PM
Gastons AR

jdmcbean
03-25-2014, 08:02 PM
By the fire.

DesertFox4
03-25-2014, 09:12 PM
That is a long day guys. Enjoy your evening.

Chad Jensen
03-26-2014, 09:47 AM
Hey John, I'll be there in my new Vertical Power digs this year. I'll stop over to say hi! Save travels. :cool:

SkyPirate
03-28-2014, 10:58 PM
Looks like you guys are getting rained on right now, some strong thunder storms, hope all is well , the morning looks promising right now

Thats Florida weather for you, now it looks like another 5 hrs of T storms

Tom Waid
04-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Kitfox at Sun-n-Fun!

http://tropicaltuba.com/Kitfox%20Project/images/Kitfox_Mule3.JPG

As always, John was very patient answering my 1,001 questions.

ken nougaret
04-06-2014, 10:55 AM
Good times!