PDA

View Full Version : Toe in/out with conventional gear SS7

jeffbock
03-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Any sage advice on the grease plate check for determining the toe in or toe out. I tried checking with both long strings and alternately my level with laser beam. Now realize I should have had the mains on a well greased sheet of metal to reduce and loads on gear
21 months, 1560 hours, and $XX,000, and I have a pretty neat looking SS7 with Rotax 912ULS. Thanks for the forum, Jeff

AirFox
03-20-2014, 05:42 PM
Post some Pics Jeff!

airlina
03-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Jeff, if you get Kitplanes magazine, looks like the upcoming issue has an article on wheel alighnment.

cgruby
03-22-2014, 03:16 PM
Any sage advice on the grease plate check for determining the toe in or toe out..

Hi Jeff,

I'm reluctant to advise anyone on open forum, because it usually starts a fire storm of adverse comments from all the "experts". I have built and rebuilt a lot of various aircraft with conventional landing gears, and it's been my experience that setting the toe-in/toe-out to neutral or straight ahead has overwhelmingly produced a more docile handling airplane on the ground. I have to admit, I've heard all the theories and tried them all, and you can't go wrong setting them straight ahead.

Good Luck

Dave S
03-22-2014, 03:47 PM
"you can't go wrong setting them straight ahead."

Agreed.....Makes perfect sense to me......:) Life does not have to be complicated

Dave S

jrevens
03-22-2014, 04:00 PM
"you can't go wrong setting them straight ahead."Dave S

I absolutely agree with that too.

jiott
03-22-2014, 05:13 PM
Mine are set straight ahead in flight attitude and it handles just fine.