PDA

View Full Version : 3 blade 70" IVO & 912ULS

birddog486
03-11-2014, 03:57 PM
I'm about to start this engine for the first time and Im wondering where to set the pitch on this prop. I called IVO and was told

"I'm not sure, the relaxed pitch is way over pitched so you'll have to back it off, it's about 200 RPM per turn"

I was hoping for something a little closer so can anyone give me a pitch measurement for this combination.

Slyfox
03-11-2014, 04:29 PM
I have the electric in flight. Is this a medium prop? Mine is medium. I think 70inch. I just put mine back together the other day. . I put it together relaxed, only way you can do it. than hit the switch to put in flat about 2 seconds. it was just a little course but not bad on take off. I flattened it with one or two hits on the switch and got it up to 5600rpm. I was real close. I don't know what you can call how many turns from neutral. I will take a guess at two twards flat. run it up, mine hit around 5000 static trying to hold the brakes. hope this helps. and that was looking real quick for the plane wanted to jump into the air. if you know what I mean