PDA

View Full Version : IVO Prop Pitch Adjustment

Micro Mong Bldr
02-23-2014, 07:35 PM
I bought a 'Fox with an IVO prop. The pitch needs a tweak, it was delivered to me set for cruise not climb. The adjusting nut seems awful stiff. Has anybody done this? Looked for advice on their website, found nothing. Thanks!

avidflyer
02-23-2014, 07:53 PM
Unless it's rusted, it should turn fairly easy. A flying buddy of mine did have one where the threads started to flake off the shaft though and it got real hard to turn. He had to replace it. (the threaded shaft part) Jim Chuk

HansLab
02-24-2014, 10:24 AM
I have one (and am fairly glad with'm): the central shaft should turn easily. You can put a screwdriver through the hole of the shaft to help it, though.

Slyfox
02-24-2014, 11:55 AM
maybe you need to loosen the big nut a half a turn and then put something like a small screwdriver in the big shaft and turn it. not sure which way changes the prop. will just have to look at the blades for flat or more pitch for that one. you need more flat. I have the electric motor in it's place so I just flip a switch. :D

HansLab
02-25-2014, 11:03 AM
Exactly as Slyfox said: turn the shaft clockwise and you'll get more angle of the blade... Easy does it! Beautiful system - specially when you've seen people cursing and trying and struggling with their prop - to get all three blades the same angle: in one word fabulous!!

Slyfox
02-25-2014, 01:11 PM
I'm going to say no more than a 1/16 turn and go fly. keep the spinner off, the plane will fly just fine without one. have fun.

Norm
02-27-2014, 08:30 AM
I bought a 'Fox with an IVO prop. The pitch needs a tweak....

Easiest system to adjust. Loosen the big nut, turn the shaft by inserting a large screwdriver. On turn is equal to 100 or 200 RPM. To be honest I can't remember. You want to go counter clockwise for more climb. Remember as you change pitch if you have a two stroke EGTs may change. And depending on motor don't go over 62 to 64 static. Good Luck.
Norm

GuppyWN
02-15-2019, 06:04 PM
I’m going to revive this post. Can’t find any torque values for the big nut. I plan to mark it and tighten it to the mark after adjusting.

I turn 5200 rpm static. Plan is to shoot for 5400 static. Two full turns counterclockwise?

avidflyer
02-15-2019, 07:06 PM
Here is IVO's instructions.... JImChuk
ivoprop.com/images/PDF%20Ultralight%20Quick%20Adjustment%20Instructio ns.pdf

If the first link doesn't go there, maybe this one will. Look right below the prices and you will see blue lettering that is a link to the instructions I pasted above. (quick adjust instructions PDF)

www.ivoprop.com/ultralightmodel.htm

GuppyWN
02-15-2019, 08:20 PM
Read it twice. I know I’m not that smart. I am completely missing the actual adjustment instructions!

DesertFox4
02-15-2019, 09:40 PM
From Ivo on torque of large jam nut-
http://www.ivoprop.com/images/PDF%20Ultralight%20Quick%20Adjustment%20Instructio ns.pdf