PDA

View Full Version : Dynon Skyview ADAHRS

Meyertheflyer
02-22-2014, 08:24 AM
Does anyone have recent pictures, advice, etc. of install for the Dynon Skyview ADAHRS in a Super sport 7? Thanks

colospace
02-24-2014, 08:02 AM
Bob,
Call/email Deb McBean and she can send you photos of what they do on the factory builds. They mount the Skyview unit behind the baggage area. I plan to do the same.

Meyertheflyer
02-24-2014, 11:18 AM
Thanks, I had not thought of doing that, its a great idea.

Danh
02-24-2014, 02:04 PM
I'm interested in the best results I'm also planing on the Skyview and just about ready to plan out the locations necessary to mount all the hardware
I have seen several pictures of both fuselage and wing mounting

Dorsal
02-24-2014, 02:55 PM
If you search Skyview ADAHRS you will find a few nice pics of installations.

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/search.php?searchid=366856

SomeDay7
02-24-2014, 03:36 PM
Planning for my plane. I am in between using Dynon Skyview or AFS- which was purchased by Dynon. AFS has there complete manual on-line for download and has a great section on ADAHRS installation. Jim

Meyertheflyer
02-24-2014, 03:54 PM
I just spoke with a builder at our field who was a rep for dynon and has installed several dynon systems personally. He looked at my SS7 and said the best likely place is securely suspended from the triangular steel plate on top of the fuselage behind the baggage compartment. I'm thinking of using threaded aluminum spacers attached to the plate, and a small platform below to mount the ADAHRS. Ill position it securely after I've hooked up the entire system. My FWF and engine arrives tomorrow and I can begin working on it.

Danh
02-24-2014, 04:35 PM
Dynon manual states:
Installation Location - ADAHRS: An ADAHRS installation location should be a rigid surface within 12 feet longitudinally and 6 feet laterally of the aircraft's center-of-gravity. Figure 1 illustrates this.

Wing tip not included,,

jiott
02-24-2014, 09:34 PM
This is how I mounted mine. The cross piece is square 3/4" aluminum tubing.

Meyertheflyer
02-25-2014, 05:53 AM
That looks great, and it doesn't seem to affect your baggage space. Thanks for the photos, they are really helpful!

jiott
02-25-2014, 10:45 AM
The previous photos I posted are from the factory SLSA. Here are a couple more of how I actually did it with adel clamps. Sorry they don't show the details very well.

N213RV
02-25-2014, 01:47 PM
Hi Jim,
Thanks for sharing, I'm hoping to do something similar. Does the heading or pitch change at all when you move the control stick fore or aft?

Also, it looks like you used cad plated screws to hold the ADHARS down. I used nylon bolts and nuts in my RV-10 just to keep ferrous metal away. Some use stainless steel. Might be something to consider.

jiott
02-25-2014, 10:50 PM
No I don't notice any heading or pitch changes. No I didn't use any steel screws to hold the ADHRS down. All hardware nearby is brass.