PDA

View Full Version : In-Flight Videos

jiott
02-19-2014, 12:41 PM
I really appreciate the guys who have invested the money and time to install video cameras on their planes and many of you seem to be doing that nowdays. I do have a suggestion to make that would make the videos much more interesting to me to watch. Nearly all of them have dubbed in some kind of music and nothing else. Finding music to please everyone is nearly impossible, and it really adds nothing to the interest of the video. Since most of us watching have never flown in your area, I for one would rather hear you narrating the flight. Point out interesting or unique landmarks or views, wind conditions, where you are in the pattern, the name of your airport, what you are feeling at the moment, ATC chatter, etc. I don't really care if you consider yourself a poor public speaker, just hearing the information is enough for me.

I do realize that it takes some extra effort to hook up sound to the video remote camera, and I don't want to discourage anyone who is generous enough to share their videos with the rest of us-keep them coming. This is just my 2 cents worth and is meant in the most positive way.

SkySteve
02-19-2014, 02:56 PM
Jim,
Good comment. Thanks for your insight.

Flybyjim
02-19-2014, 08:47 PM
I must agree, I often watch and wonder, were is this guy what is he thinking at this point of the flight

kitfoxnick
02-22-2014, 05:28 AM
Timing is real interesting as I just posted my first video. Had you posted on this earlier perhaps I would have included some commentary in my video.:rolleyes: i appreciate your input.