PDA

View Full Version : To cover watercooler during winter!?

Olle1975
02-06-2014, 11:38 PM
Hi!

Has anybody mount a controllable cover for the watercooler to control the watertemperature during winterflight?
I have taped my cooler to get more temperature during winter but it will be nice to controll the covering for setting temperature.

Exists kits for ready to mount or has anybody an idea for easy building?

Pics will be welcome....

Regards

Olaf

HansLab
02-07-2014, 06:35 AM
I just bought one of them thermostats. Wanted to be sure I don't have to get back to the field quickly due to high temps.
next maintenance I'll try to put it in.
Will supply some pics.

kmach
02-07-2014, 10:07 AM
another option is the "thermobob" thermostat setup.

JimS
02-07-2014, 07:43 PM
Mine,
http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/picture.php?albumid=86&pictureid=1177

JimS

Olle1975
02-08-2014, 12:37 AM
Thanks for replys!

@Jim

Is this a homebuild version or did you bought it?

Could you post a pic from - how to mount the axle (hinge) of the sheet and the control inside the cockpit?
I think, you only need a rope to pull the sheet, because the wind will close it itself!?

Olaf

JimS
02-08-2014, 07:10 AM
Olaf
Very simple flap. Aluminum sheet with a piano hinge rivited across the top. The hinge extends past the flap about an inch on each end and has one hole on each end that the bolts that mount the radiator go through to keep it in place.The rod that controls the flap just runs straight up through the fabric and floorboard to a simple lever that I have mounted to a piece of 1/4 inch wood that is zip tied to the angle tubes right next to the flap handle but on the opposite side. You could also use a cable control.Might work better than the lever I use.
JimS

JimS
02-08-2014, 10:48 AM

I'm hoping these photos of the radiator flap control show up.

THEY DID!

The bolt that goes through the handle has a couple nylon washers between the control lever and the piece of wood then a nyloc nut on the other side. Tighten as needed for the desired friction to hold the radiator in the desired position. It is quite a stretch to reach the lever when you are belted in and I usually operate it with my foot. That's why I suggested a cable to operate it from the panel instead. I'm sure there are other ways you could do it.
JimS

Olle1975
02-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Thank you very much, nice idea!

Olaf