PDA

View Full Version : did a local flight

SkyPirate
01-20-2014, 07:16 PM
today the weather was co operative,..and I was able to walk pretty good,,so I couldn't resist and had to do a short local flight,..departed M48 (Houston MO) headed south to KTVB (Cabool MO) then North East to K33 (Salem MO ..then back to M48,..total about 75NM
in the town of Houston I hi lite the airport in red ..a line in upper right of photo

Paul Z
01-20-2014, 07:32 PM
I do like your Paint Scheme

SkyPirate
01-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Thanks Paul,..I got the final proofs back from Aero Graphix today,.so I should have the wheel pant decals on and new N number on as well soon,..also got a "SkyPirate" decal for pilot door )

DesertFox4
01-20-2014, 07:43 PM
Glad you got a good flight in Chase. Nice photos. No snow.;)

I do like your Paint Scheme
I agree with Paul. Nice looking Kitfox.:)

SkyPirate
01-20-2014, 07:50 PM
Steve,..today we hit 56 degree's but right now the winds are picking up,..we are suppose to get snow and below zero wind chill ..2 weeks ago we had over a foot of snow lol so here in central MO it's one extreme to the next

DesertFox4
01-20-2014, 07:58 PM
Brace yourself for some more cold weather Chase. I won't even tell you what our temps are here and how nice January has been so far.;)
Supposed to dip down to 14 below in Minnesota with big winds. :(

I took today off and flew with my brother who is down from Minnesota and who is not missing the below zero temps and 50 + below zero windchills back in Minn. Also flew with a newly built Super Cub and a really nice vintage 172. Fun day and fun weekend. Took video but will take a while to process and post to Youtube.
Maybe tomorrow.

Stay warm.

Av8r3400
01-20-2014, 08:00 PM
It's been said before, but Damn, Chase, that is a great looking plane!

SkyPirate
01-20-2014, 08:06 PM
Thanks Larry,. she is still growing on me,..:) going thru the box of goodies that came with the purchase last week,..I found the oil door kit,..It has the tail/tow package with the slide on boot with foam guards for flaperons,..I keep looking with hopes of finding a MGL V6 radio lol but after digging thru the goodie box and not finding it after 3 attempts,..I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that no matter how hard I wish it lol it aint happenin :)
I did find an extra trim actuator though ..complete with brackets..

SkyPirate
01-20-2014, 08:17 PM
Awesome with the video Steve,..cant wait to see it,.I need to get a go pro too,..soon ,..can only convince Chris of the "need" for one thing at a time lol

I flew a cub last spring when I was in McKinney Texas,..it was a legends cub,..not very fast but a fun flyer,

GWright6970
01-20-2014, 09:28 PM
Great post!!! Thank you!

Dorsal
01-21-2014, 04:47 AM
Looking good Chase :)

SkyPirate
01-21-2014, 11:59 AM
Finn, Madison has been looking up weights of different camping gear for our trip this spring,..when we head north I am stopping at FFR (factory Five Racing) in Wareham then scoot around boston and head north to NH,..hopefully if everything goes well,..as planned,..would be cool to get up with you

Dorsal
01-21-2014, 05:08 PM
Absolutely, just let me know where and when :D
We also got new lighter weight and smaller camping stuff, makes a big difference.

Dorsal
01-21-2014, 05:09 PM
BTW, now would not be a good time Brrrrr.

SkyPirate
01-21-2014, 05:17 PM
I hear you and concur ..16 out right now here,,we are taking 2 weeks this spring ..headed to Tenn,,then North Carolina,..we were going to florida,..but that changed,.visit friends and family in NC then head north to visit more friends and family :) I'm stopping at FFR ..Dave Smith the owner of FFR has promised me a test drive :) I'm going to try and get a few pictures of my 5 sitting next to one of his Cobra's, if I had the bump cowl ..it would add to the nostalgia :)

SkyPirate
01-21-2014, 05:27 PM
https://www.factoryfive.com/wp-content/themes/factoryfive/images/slideshows/mk4-roadster/mk4_1.jpg

MK Roaster..aka AC Cobra replica,..it's a kit

Dorsal
01-21-2014, 05:53 PM
Nice, a fellow I used to work with built one of those, very sweet machine.