PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Strip

jdmcbean
01-14-2014, 09:07 PM
Thought you may appreciate a short Klip.

We were attending the NBAA in Las Vegas back in October.. So we had the opportunity to do some flying around Death Valley. Chicken Strip is a strip that was closed for years and the RAF was allowed to re-open in a slightly different location. Short walk over to what is known as Warm Springs.. Hot and cold water in a small Oasis.. Keep your head down when flying in the area.. China Lake and Nellis are nearby with many low altitude high speed fighters frequently training in the area. Hope to have a few more videos up soon with more of the flight.

http://youtu.be/DtZE3WbD7KQ

Dorsal
01-14-2014, 09:18 PM
Nice video, a bit different then my backyard :)

SkyPirate
01-14-2014, 09:32 PM
Dorsal you need to fly down by the Cape and video it :) down by Bourne,..my home town :)

Pilot4Life
01-14-2014, 10:24 PM
Very Cool! Great little video! I noticed Paul flies Right seat a lot! Training new students in a King Air flying right seat all the time, the left seat is just wierd! Funny how muscle memory develops over time and we get so used to things feeling and looking a certain way! I digress...great video John. Thanks for posting! Hope Vegas was a worthwhile trip!

Rob3782
01-16-2014, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the video John. It really helps me focus on the prize at the end.

Danh
01-16-2014, 09:59 PM
Great video, thanks

jonstark
01-17-2014, 04:08 PM
Chicken Strip is a great destination for a soak and poking around some pretty cool desert. Not for the faint of heart if inhospitable terrain makes you nervous. It's definitely in the middle of nowhere! Make sure the winds aren't too strong over the Sierra and Owens Valley or it can be wicked bumpy!

Flew in there over the years with a 7ECA Citabria, a 108-2 Stinson then a Cessna 180. Yep, I liked the place.

jon